Overclock capabilities, and a few more questions...

kamui_kun

Hi :)

What are the overclock capabilities of the new 1 GHZ units :

- Maximum frequency you can have with a little chance (1.4 ghz ? *.* ), for instance the original Pandora was stable at 1 GHZ for some lucky owners (like me :p )

- General frequency that most units can do ? Most of the original Pandoras where stable at 800 mhz or so, whats the equivalent for the new 1 GHZ units ?

Also, for those that have these units, did you try Qemu or Dosbox ? What are the maximum emulated PC equivalent ?

On my old Pandora at 1 GHZ, dosbox was running about at the speed of a Pentium 60, games like Phantasmagoria where playable, but 3D games like Lands of Lore 2 where not, is it playable now ?

Can Qemu run Windows 98 at a playable speed ?

Can't wait for my unit to arrive :p (mainly because I have sold my old Pandora to get this one -.- )

Thanks ^^

Foxgod

Hi :)

What are the overclock capabilities of the new 1 GHZ units :

- Maximum frequency you can have with a little chance (1.4 ghz ? *.* ), for instance the original Pandora was stable at 1 GHZ for some lucky owners (like me :p )

- General frequency that most units can do ? Most of the original Pandoras where stable at 800 mhz or so, whats the equivalent for the new 1 GHZ units ?

Also, for those that have these units, did you try Qemu or Dosbox ? What are the maximum emulated PC equivalent ?

On my old Pandora at 1 GHZ, dosbox was running about at the speed of a Pentium 60, games like Phantasmagoria where playable, but 3D games like Lands of Lore 2 where not, is it playable now ?

Can Qemu run Windows 98 at a playable speed ?

Can't wait for my unit to arrive :p (mainly because I have sold my old Pandora to get this one -.- )

Thanks ^^

For most users, 1.3 ghz is expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Well on the old units if you had your Pandora blessed by Hakmanplayer it could clock to 1300mhz. He could magically make Pandoras clock that high.

Last edited by a moderator: