Overclock capabilities, and a few more questions...

kamui_kun

Hi :)

What are the overclock capabilities of the new 1 GHZ units :

- Maximum frequency you can have with a little chance (1.4 ghz ? *.* ), for instance the original Pandora was stable at 1 GHZ for some lucky owners (like me :p )

- General frequency that most units can do ? Most of the original Pandoras where stable at 800 mhz or so, whats the equivalent for the new 1 GHZ units ?

Also, for those that have these units, did you try Qemu or Dosbox ? What are the maximum emulated PC equivalent ?

On my old Pandora at 1 GHZ, dosbox was running about at the speed of a Pentium 60, games like Phantasmagoria where playable, but 3D games like Lands of Lore 2 where not, is it playable now ?

Can Qemu run Windows 98 at a playable speed ?

Can't wait for my unit to arrive :p (mainly because I have sold my old Pandora to get this one -.- )

Thanks ^^

Hi :)

What are the overclock capabilities of the new 1 GHZ units :

- Maximum frequency you can have with a little chance (1.4 ghz ? *.* ), for instance the original Pandora was stable at 1 GHZ for some lucky owners (like me :p )

- General frequency that most units can do ? Most of the original Pandoras where stable at 800 mhz or so, whats the equivalent for the new 1 GHZ units ?

Also, for those that have these units, did you try Qemu or Dosbox ? What are the maximum emulated PC equivalent ?

On my old Pandora at 1 GHZ, dosbox was running about at the speed of a Pentium 60, games like Phantasmagoria where playable, but 3D games like Lands of Lore 2 where not, is it playable now ?

Can Qemu run Windows 98 at a playable speed ?

Can't wait for my unit to arrive :p (mainly because I have sold my old Pandora to get this one -.- )

Thanks ^^

For most users, 1.3 ghz is expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Firstbatch has no problems with 1050MHz, I hope my 1GHz holds up to 1.3GHz:)

Well on the old units if you had your Pandora blessed by Hakmanplayer it could clock to 1300mhz. He could magically make Pandoras clock that high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back