When Could I Get One?

We'll make an announcement via email and probably here as well when we're ready to take orders for first batch leftovers and second batch preorders. If you're interested, then I highly recommend you sign up for the newsletter on the official site.

Don't expect this announcement until the first batch has mostly (if not completely) shipped.

Shadow of Chaos said:
Btw, does anyone know what the system can actually be clocked to stably? because if it can go higher than 900mhz it will help hugely with dreamcast emulation.
900MHz is as high as the spec goes. Anything beyond that is At Your Own Risk. If you really wanted to, you could probably get another couple hundred MHz out of it, but no huge amount. Not enough to make the difference between "unplayable" and "playable" on something like a DC emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
900MHz is as high as the spec goes. Anything beyond that is At Your Own Risk. If you really wanted to, you could probably get another couple hundred MHz out of it, but no huge amount. Not enough to make the difference between "unplayable" and "playable" on something like a DC emulator.
Are we covered by warranty up to 900mhz, or beyond? With such a complex and expensive handheld I'm guessing the first, as far as I remember you could do anything to the GP2X except physically opening the case and still be covered (?) not sure on that one.

A 1.1Ghz portable does sound sweet though (and yes i know Mhz don't equate into FLOPS and other performance measures universally, but its still a cool bragging factor) ^^

CC_machine said:
Chip said:
Are we covered by warranty up to 900mhz, or beyond? With such a complex and expensive handheld I'm guessing the first, as far as I remember you could do anything to the GP2X except physically opening the case and still be covered (?) not sure on that one.

A 1.1Ghz portable does sound sweet though (and yes i know Mhz don't equate into FLOPS and other performance measures universally, but its still a cool bragging factor) ^^

As I understand, the OMAP is designed in such a way that overclocking will not cause permanent damage. If you clock it up about 1Ghz, and it can't handle it, it simply crashes the system. You then restart it and it falls back to default. If it does work, it will reduce the life of the CPU though, so don't run it that high for extended periods of time.

The highest I've seen so far is 925Mhz, and that crashed after a few minutes of SNES emulation (at OPP5).

900Mhz really is the absolute maximum, and we are not sure yet how that will affect NEON and the DSP. With those going as well, the maximum may well drop a lot further.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up for 1Ghz and above.

well this monday it will be a week sense you said you started the reorders for north America.

if i don't get a email to reorder i will be emailing your staff.

I signed up and got the email for the first batch but didn't preorder, however I have now decided I want one from the 100 - 200 spare from the first batch but when I try to sign up again, it says I'm already on it, does that mean I will get another email when the spare Pandoras are available or not?

Yes. As far as I know there's nothing else you (or I) need to or can do to get one of the extras from batch one.

Back