Sales When does shipping start ?.

i am one of those who ordered past 3000, so i am happy if i get it before christmas :lol:

Do you really think evey single pcb will be send alone to end assembling and testing?
Isn't it more realistic that they will all arrive in a batch and then only testing and fixing will take its time and only this makes the difference?
Thats the way it works in our company. ( german speakers: check out http://www.yvio.de :D )

Re: SHIPPING START

craigix said:
Yes, slowly at first then it should speed up. We have to test each one before it ships.

thats good to hear although i dont remember at what time exactly i ordered mine :S i let it rest 30-45 minutes since the website was dead.

btw craig i dont know if you have seen this..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2o4NTASxN0[/youtube]

by "we have to test each one" do you mean this ?

I'm hoping Craig can confirm this sometime, but I am pretty sure the word was late November for shipping.

Even if the first ones are off the assembly line in 2 weeks, is the firmware/OS done? EvilDragon said something about having 2 months to work on that after preorders.

I'd love to be proved wrong here, but if it's false optimism I'm not looking forward to a bunch of 'outraged' posts on the shipping date.

Thrillhouse said:
I'm hoping Craig can confirm this sometime, but I am pretty sure the word was late November for shipping.

Even if the first ones are off the assembly line in 2 weeks, is the firmware/OS done? EvilDragon said something about having 2 months to work on that after preorders.

I'd love to be proved wrong here, but if it's false optimism I'm not looking forward to a bunch of 'outraged' posts on the shipping date.

they should have said it would be so before preorders because the only word i was getting were all rumours and opinions on the forums, barely any facts at all. I know this is out of the hands of the pandora team but i was really expecting this for october 30th when i order back in september but then again maybe i was fooled by the rumours on the forums :S

Ryuu said:
they should have said it would be so before preorders because the only word i was getting were all rumours and opinions on the forums, barely any facts at all.
From the newsletter:
The preorder date for the Pandora is the 30th of September, the Pandora will start shipping at the end of November.

Let's see...

The original email I got says it was sent 18:54:20 GMT...

...something seems a little off there...

I'm going to assume I should be getting 20:54:20 GMT. Which would mean I ordered it about 50 minutes after they started. Not too bad.

EDIT: Ok, apparently mailnull or something has their clock wrong. Because if I go back BEFORE they got a hold of it, it works out to 20:40:09 GMT. Which means I ordered 35 minutes after they started. Not too bad especially since I just decided to check how the Pandora was going after I'd neglected checking things for a few months :p

mechanizeddeath said:
Shipping as they're made and tested? Now that's cool! My order was completed within a few minutes, so this is good news indeed!

Better hope there were a few devs ahead of you in the queue, else there won't be much to actually DO with your Pandy when it arrives :p

Dare I hope, with a timestamp of "Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:17:17 +0100 (BST)" that I'll be in the first hundred? Dare I raise my hopes to have a Pandora before November? I think I do. :D

Edit: No I don't. They're making 5000 in a batch, apparently, and those will be done and in Craig's hands in November 10th, earliest. Then they start testing, so it's closer to the end of November still.

Ah well. :p

I reckon people who donated to the dev fund should get theirs first ;-)

G189 said:
why? i donate to developers who make games enjoy, its not the dev fund but it's still donating, why should I have to wait for that?

PoisonedV said:
G189 said:
why? i donate to developers who make games enjoy, its not the dev fund but it's still donating, why should I have to wait for that?
I may be going out on a limb here, but I think that smiley at the end would indicate that the post wasn't intended to be taken 100% seriously...

SteveM said:
PoisonedV said:
G189 said:
I may be going out on a limb here, but I think that smiley at the end would indicate that the post wasn't intended to be taken 100% seriously...
should have clarified. it was less of a specific post to him and to the people in general who say it.

anyway, i know the mods hate off topic posts so: i got my pandora preorder in really early, so hopefully ill get mine pretty soon.

PoisonedV said:
should have clarified. it was less of a specific post to him and to the people in general who say it.

anyway, i know the mods hate off topic posts so: i got my pandora preorder in really early, so hopefully ill get mine pretty soon.

Alright, Mr. Poison, I'll let it go by this once, as long as you tell us the timestamp of your confirmation e-mail. ;)

javaJake said:
PoisonedV said:

Alright, Mr. Poison, I'll let it go by this once, as long as you tell us the timestamp of your confirmation e-mail. ;)
Sent: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 9:34 am

Pleng said:
mechanizeddeath said:
Shipping as they're made and tested? Now that's cool! My order was completed within a few minutes, so this is good news indeed!

Better hope there were a few devs ahead of you in the queue, else there won't be much to actually DO with your Pandy when it arrives :p

That thought crossed my mind as well. :lol: I suppose I could whip up a "Hello World" program to amaze myself with, but that is the limit of my abilities. :huh:

Back