Sales When does shipping start ?.

mechanizeddeath said:
Pleng said:
mechanizeddeath said:
Shipping as they're made and tested? Now that's cool! My order was completed within a few minutes, so this is good news indeed!

Better hope there were a few devs ahead of you in the queue, else there won't be much to actually DO with your Pandy when it arrives :p

That thought crossed my mind as well. :lol: I suppose I could whip up a "Hello World" program to amaze myself with, but that is the limit of my abilities. :huh:

If you do them make sure you post it up to the file archive for me to have a play with! I ordered within half an hour so your Hello World porggie might be the only thing to keep me going (Well, I suppose there's that Ubuntu that w've seen the vids of!)

i hear shipping is november 30th, does this mean units start shipping out from that date? or that orders will stop shipping out at that time? if they're shipped as they're finished... mh?

CC_machine said:
i hear shipping is november 30th, does this mean units start shipping out from that date? or that orders will stop shipping out at that time? if they're shipped as they're finished... mh?

It's important to note that Mweston originally quoted November 15th as the "If everything works as planned and there are no delays" date. But that was back in August. Mweston was fairly confident that shipping could begin around that time, and said he's be surprised if it took any longer than that. The November 30th date seems to me to be the "SAFE" bet.

I think that "As they are finished" option isn't as big a deal as people believe. The factory will be dumping the entire pallet of 4000 units on the team at once (as I understand it), not as they roll off the line. So once they have the units they have to install the firmware, test, then ship. At which point it's FIFO. The first ones out will only have like a few days advantage on the last ones. Not weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This night I had a Dream :D the Pandora was shipped to me and I was showing it to all of my friends... Actually there was something strange about that, like a big "DELL" stemma over it and stuff like that, but I WAS JUST SO HAPPY :D...

Then I woke up :(...

Anyway, I hope to get it at about November the 24th, which is my birthday :)

Someone please work my order number place in queue

I expect it to be around 3,700 ish

I received my confirmation email (after paying by bank transfer) on 13 October 2008 11:17:31

I only received an email stating my place was in the first batch, but no confirmation of place/order number

Everytime I have emailed, I was not getting no response

I was emailing to get additional SD, Video Cables and a Case added to my original order

After about the 10th email I got an email which I think is the same generic refund email - I have been checking my bank account for signs of a refund, but nothing yet - I thought that the money was only going back to credit card and paypal orders !!! :wink:

Back