Where Can I Buy A Ac Adapter For The Gp32?

k-blade

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I need one. My rechargables only have a 6 hours max.

Are there any official ones, or should I pick up a cheap one from my local electronic store?

GBAx.com do one that definitely works with the gp32_console .

Personally, I would just get a cheapish one from your local electronics store and be careful to set the pin polarity and voltage correctly.

Since I rarely play portables in public, so the ac adapter would be better for me. Should I pick one up that has 3.3V or lower?

k-blade posted on Aug 30 2004 at 09:12 PM said:
Since I rarely play portables in public, so the ac adapter would be better for me. Should I pick one up that has 3.3V or lower?

3V, yes, also try to get a regulated power supply, and one you can switch to centre negative polarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that I agree with Jr2swiss, 6hr battery life is excellent, especially if you used to own a lynx, gamegear or pc engine GT.

Anyway, get one that will do 3.0V and 300mA. 3.3v should work, but I wouldn't risk it myself, going to a lower pd is safe, but higher voltages are always a risk.

Someone else might be using 3.3v successfully, if they are fine, but otherwise try to get one that goes down to 3.0v.

Cheapish is ok but beware the adapter is 'regulated'.
If it's not, your screen may flicker.

Also: Don't buy one with a long plug, cuz it can bend easily wen the gp32 is on your lap and break the internal 'inlet' of your gp. (happened to me damnit)

3V, yes, also try to get a regulated power supply, and one you can switch to centre negative polarity.
3V good. One you can switch polarity bad :angry: :angry: just get one that has the center negative you dont want to switch is to the wrong one and fuck it up ;).

Bourbon

hmmm call me missing the point but i absolutely don't understand why people want AC adaptors for GP32?

if you are going to be tethered to a wall for this type of gaming, why not just play it on your PC or a console? sure they maybe uhh, clunkier but much higher compatibility/etc than the general emu's you get on a GP32

(i guess maybe if you are in the bathroom or in bed at night or something?)

i don't imagine that there is anyone who has a GP32 and not a PC...

hmmm call me missing the point but i absolutely don't understand why people want AC adaptors for GP32?

if you are going to be tethered to a wall for this type of gaming, why not just play it on your PC or a console? sure they maybe uhh, clunkier but much higher compatibility/etc than the general emu's you get on a GP32

I just use it when im at home that way i dont have to recharge my batts ever other day.

Bourbon

I like using portables in the bathroom and in bed. Having power cord hanging out doesnt bother me . Plus I dont have to worry about the battery dying if I have to install/flash the system.

ralp99 posted on Aug 30 2004 at 06:55 PM said:

i don't imagine that there is anyone who has a GP32 and not a PC...

k-blade posted on Aug 31 2004 at 01:17 AM said:
I like using portables in the bathroom and in bed. Having power cord hanging out doesnt bother me . Plus I dont have to worry about the battery dying if I have to install/flash the system.

You must be proud. :p

Back