Where Can I Buy Smart Media Cards From?

GP32 > SMC
GP2X > SD

My camera for example accepts both SD and MMC in the same slot, perhaps the GP2X does likewise - although I wouldn't bet on it.

Alex. posted on Dec 22 2005 at 08:10 AM said:
GP32 > SMC
GP2X > SD

My camera for example accepts both SD and MMC in the same slot, perhaps the GP2X does likewise - although I wouldn't bet on it.
I heard it does

Last edited by a moderator:
another option, in fact the one I went with, is to get a Xd ->SMC converter , not sure you could use any more than 128 mb but Xd is easier to pick up around town here

I just bought a cheap XD to Smartmedia adapter for about £6 on ebay. 128mb XD cards are about £9.99 at SVP which is about half the price of a smartmedia card now :(

As has been posted in many posts before though the GP32 does not support more than 128mb so no point buying bigger ones lol (although not wasted my money trying bigger than 128mb cards personally) - 128mb and below cards definately work a treat though :D

thehobbit.jpg

OH nO! You did the same thing I DID! Also known as gravedigging, I'mma tell you this now, so no one else gets the pleasure of flaming you. HA! :) It is kinda confusing how this is the most recent topic, but if you check the date, this post is months old. Time for the admin to delete...

NOTE: DO NOT POST ANYMORE! THIS THREAD IS MONTHS OLD!

pete_w posted on Apr 6 2006 at 12:51 PM said:
I just bought a cheap XD to Smartmedia adapter for about £6 on ebay. 128mb XD cards are about £9.99 at SVP which is about half the price of a smartmedia card now :(

As has been posted in many posts before though the GP32 does not support more than 128mb so no point buying bigger ones lol (although not wasted my money trying bigger than 128mb cards personally) - 128mb and below cards definately work a treat though :D

thehobbit.jpg

did the same , works flawlessly with 128 mb XD fuji card...
other thing is that Smart media has only a limited number of writes... and xd is still produced..)

Alex. posted on Apr 25 2006 at 06:04 PM said:
Doesn't the adaptor stick out of the slot though?

- Alex

Yes a bit . But its not too bad.

(I've re-added the pic of it to my original post and here - accidently deleted it from my webserver lol)

thehobbit.jpg

I can see that breaking without even touching it :(

- Alex

Back