Where Do I Start?

andy9841

Hi everyone, just ordered a Wiz and am waiting for it to be delivered. Just a couple of questions as its all a bit overwhelming..

1) I've seen ports of Quake 2 running on the wiz, where can I download this from and does it make use of opengl?

2) Any important software or firmware updates I need to be aware of?

3) Any user guides that some one new like me can read to get up to speed?

4) Are there any lists of games that work or dont work with the Wiz? Including emulated games..

5) Is there a wi-fi unit available?

6) Where might I get the AV cables from?

Thats all for now but im sure I will have loads more.. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for your replies guys.

Andy

1) I've seen ports of Quake 2 running on the wiz, where can I download this from and does it make use of opengl?
Get everything here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi
All downloads, firmware, hombrew games and emulators.

2) Any important software or firmware updates I need to be aware of?
If you just bought it, it should already have the latest firmware installed.

3) Any user guides that some one new like me can read to get up to speed?
Every app you download should have its own respective "read me" which you will find helpful. You can also look around all the stickied topics on this forum, some good bits of info in there too.

4) Are there any lists of games that work or dont work with the Wiz? Including emulated games..
Not that I'm aware of. All Wiz games are exclusive to Wiz. No older GP2X games work natively on the Wiz if thats what you thought.

5) Is there a wi-fi unit available?
Not currently, but GPH supposedly has one in development

6) Where might I get the AV cables from?
Don't know the answer to this one. Sorry. :(

Thanks for the info MiOdd.. Are there any particular good pieces of software or games you can recommend?

Well what are you into? I bought the Wiz primarily for the emulators. I like the 16 bit systems the best so I spend most of my time in PicoDrive and PocketSNES both excellent emulators. I also love Pickle's Doom and Quake ports. And if you're looking for some quirky homebrew games, I really liked Blast Riot and anything by Ruckage is pretty top-notch, Protozoa, Space Varments and Animatch being my three favorites.

So yeah... haha, enjoy! :lol:

I like the emulators too, managed to get Quake 2 working along with MAME street fighter 2 and double dragon ;)

Struggling with the Amiga emulator though, just getting a black screen when I start and of the .adf files :huh:

Back