Where I Can Find Drmd?

Reesy posted on Dec 5 2005 at 06:30 PM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 5 2005 at 06:15 PM said:
I would also guess that since the Gp2X scans the screen in the same way as a megadrive that the water scanline pallette switch trick (half screen "transparencies") will be there now too.

Just educated guesses though.

I've not implemented that yet because I need to get HBLANK interrupts working in order to track the current vdp line being displayed because the display controller doesn't have a register to read. :(

Will this be a big problem in the future or is it a software fixable thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
No its possible, I just can't get linux to use interrupts. The lcd controller provides HBLANK and VBLANK interrupts but unless you can get at the interrupt handler in linux you can't use them. There are a few linux functions like request_irq but I can't seem to get code to compile when I use them, I'm not a linux expert so it will take a bit of time for me to find a solution but I'm sure its possible.

Of course none of this is an issue when using HH :)

Reesy posted on Dec 6 2005 at 07:39 AM said:
No its possible, I just can't get linux to use interrupts. The lcd controller provides HBLANK and VBLANK interrupts but unless you can get at the interrupt handler in linux you can't use them. There are a few linux functions like request_irq but I can't seem to get code to compile when I use them, I'm not a linux expert so it will take a bit of time for me to find a solution but I'm sure its possible.

Of course none of this is an issue when using HH :)

Cool it is only a linux thing then :) Can't wait for HH to be available, will open up so many possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back