Where To Buy A Cheap 32Gb Sd Card?

WizardStan said:
Spirit said:
From what I know the Pandora's SD functionality currently does not max out Class 6 speedwise.
It surely does: some benchmarks have shown the Pandora hitting speeds of 16MB/s;
Whoops! Sorry, I must have mixed up some things.

Last edited by a moderator:
newegg has the Patriot 32GB SDHC for 49.99 on their shell shocker deal coming up in an hour and a half.
You have to do a $10 mail in rebate but I will prob pick up a couple. Best deal I could find at the moment and my Pandora is finally coming back from repair, yay :D
The card got excellent reviews and has a 5 year warranty, plus my patriot 8GB I've been using has been flawless with my pandora.

link (it will change to the Patriot deal at 10:00AM PT):
http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?nm_mc=EMC-SD102010&cm_mmc=EMC-SD102010-_-SD100810-_-item-_-singleitem

Thanks MonkeyChops, this is a super deal! :lol:

I have 2 of these cards already(bought them both from Newegg), and they are awesome. One is filled with PS1 iso's, and the other is maybe half filled, so I'm not sure if I should get one or not. Anyone in the states should take advantage of this deal if there looking for a 32gb card, these are the best.

Chris

Edit:even though the link takes you to a new offer, this deal is still active on their site.

In my speed test the 16gb Trancend class 10 I got from play.com for £17.99 has faster read write access than the £35 8gb sandisk extreme class 10 30mbps edition.

I thought I'd just mention that I saw this 32Gb SD for £37.99, which seemed a good price.

Hey guys/gals, for those of you in the US, Newegg has a 10% promo code for today only on all flash memory cards. EMCZZYR26 is the code, just enter it at check out, and it's only good up to 100 dollars off an order.

I suggest this sd http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220359, I use it myself, and the flat cost is currently 59.99. You can't lose.

Chris

If you want to be on the safe side, go for quality...

Toshiba, Samsung, Panasonic, Lexar, Sandisc are real producers of flash memory. I would recommend the professional cards of these manufacturers (Panasonic gold, Toshiba white, Lexar Gold 133x...).

The vast majority of all other brands only buy their memory from these manufacturers. The quality of these cards could vary, while the professional cards of the real producers are usually better quality controlled, due to prestige reasons.

xyta said:
If you want to be on the safe side, go for quality...

Toshiba, Samsung, Panasonic, Lexar, Sandisc are real producers of flash memory. I would recommend the professional cards of these manufacturers (Panasonic gold, Toshiba white, Lexar Gold 133x...).

The vast majority of all other brands only buy their memory from these manufacturers. The quality of these cards could vary, while the professional cards of the real producers are usually better quality controlled, due to prestige reasons.
Wait, really? I've always bought Transcend and have always been happy with them. I've have one 2GB, one 8GB micro SD, and two 16GB cards. the 16s have been filled are wiped dozens if not around 100s of times and still kicking.

I don't see the need to buy professional grade cards for a game system anyway, if you loose everything what do you really loose? A few games? It is not like you're loosing precious irreplaceable memories in picture or video form. If you're writing a novel on your Pandora I can see spending the extra cash but as the Pandora doesn't have a still or video camera I wouldn't spend 2, 3, or even 4 times as much on memory.

a Transcend class 10 32GB card is $54.96 US on Amazon right now, that is less than half the price of the brands you mentioned. I don't know, but I think I'd go for quantity over quality in this case. I'll have 64GB of space while someone who buys the big name brands is getting buy with 16GB just so they don't loose their save game of Super Mario World.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back