Where To Buy A Cheap 32Gb Sd Card?

Laurencevde said:
Only a pretty low percentage of people actually send in those rebates. As such, it's a cheap way to make your prices look lower...
That's exactly what happens, you see the cheaper price with the rebate, and you go "wow, what a great deal", and most never send it in(That's why it is offered)! I always do, and you never get any crap thru the mail. It's very good 99% of the time, but you can only get 1 rebate per home address, per offer!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevsweb said:
ration myself to 8gb of music.
films i watch on my widescreen at home anyway so prolly 0gb
games will be tricky i will need to be very selective :/ i guess the showy off stuff first then just bundle alot of fun games gradually sifting out the rubbish as i go to make room for os and pandora specific apps
got 3 psx games i backed up
scummvm has to be on there
snes over nes as they look prettier
only need one mastersystem game rainbow islands :eek:
mame games are my new experiment... still not sure what the pandora is capable of and what restrictions on games like street fighter alpha 3 with higher graphics are.

I don't think you need to be selective when it comes to NES games they are like 100-300kB compressed. However I've started to fill up my two 32GB cards and I'm beginning to think they will not be enough :(

Manufacturer rebates are a way to move products quickly for a limited period of time without changing the base price. And, definitely, many people fail to send in the rebate or the appropriate documentation.

The deals these days seem to be for 16GB and 8GB microSDHC cards, more than any others, from what my RSS feed reader tells me.

i still have some sandisk ultra 15mb/sec read 32GB for sale if anyones interested, $90 plus shipping

Sphinxter said:
My cheap $80 a-data 32GB died a month after warranty. Now using a transcend for about fifty more.
I've got an 8gb micro SDHC & 16gb SDHC from A-Data and have had zero issues with them. I was very hesitant on ordering a 32gb after reading the reviews on NewEgg.

Any thoughts on this:

http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0314845

Seems like crap, but I've scored some good crap back in the day on 3.5" floppies drilling out the punch to double the capacity.

Cheers,

Link
read write
Edit: Found this: SDHC IPSG 16GB SDHC Card 16280 FAT32 8750 2407
http://www.techcrater.com/2007/04/05/readyboost-flash-memory-speed-list/

Mjlink said:
I've got an 8gb micro SDHC & 16gb SDHC from A-Data and have had zero issues with them. I was very hesitant on ordering a 32gb after reading the reviews on NewEgg.

Yep. Newegg is invaluable for finding out which products are flawed in some way. I have a 16GB A-Data too, and it works great. :)

Mjlink said:
Any thoughts on this:

http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0314845

Seems like crap, but I've scored some good crap back in the day on 3.5" floppies drilling out the punch to double the capacity.

Actually I have quite a large collection of Microcenter branded SDHC cards and Micro SDHCs, never had a problem with any of them, though mine are 8 and 16 GB cards. I haven't taken the dive into 32 GB cards yet. I can't say enough good things about Microcenter, although they could build a store closer to my home and save me a bi-weekly 2 hour drive.

Pete

well, i broke down and bought a 32gb sdhc card from china on ebay... and guess what! it's 31.2 gb storage (filled it just to make sure)! so... it seems like it was a good deal to me, just risky business. i'm still nervous that something is screwy with it though.

Seeing how they have stores in SoCal I might order a 32gb & see how it flies, worst case scenario is I send it back.

I'll wait for a definitive on Pandora's shipping, could be 2 weeks, 2 months, hopefully not 2 years.

Isn't it like almost Tuesday in China? Where's our news? Sorry to drag this off topic...

Peace

Link

Mjlink said:
Seeing how they have stores in SoCal I might order a 32gb & see how it flies, worst case scenario is I send it back.

I'll wait for a definitive on Pandora's shipping, could be 2 weeks, 2 months, hopefully not 2 years.

Isn't it like almost Tuesday in China? Where's our news? Sorry to drag this off topic...

Peace

Link

Hong Kong Mon 4:40 PM
Getting there, but i'd assume they meant monday in canada (where mweston is)
Montreal Mon 3:40 AM

Not a great difference in time really.. It's monday 6:43pm here (australia) I guess i'll have to wait till he wakes up. Which means I have to wait another day :(

aesir911 said:
well, i broke down and bought a 32gb sdhc card from china on ebay... and guess what! it's 31.2 gb storage (filled it just to make sure)! so... it seems like it was a good deal to me, just risky business. i'm still nervous that something is screwy with it though.

So you filled it, but did you copy the data back off it and verify that it's still in tact?

I randomly found a little red USB stick in the driveway of my apartment complex, plugged it in and it was empty. No people in sight, no cars near where I found it. Formatted it ext2 from FAT and it's 16GB's. Tested it and it works great!

This will be awesome for my Pandora!

Pleng said:
aesir911 said:

So you filled it, but did you copy the data back off it and verify that it's still in tact?

i didn't copy it back, but i opened some of the files off of it, and that's all i'll be doing with my Pandora. so it seems to be legitimate. don't you think?

aesir911 said:
Pleng said:
aesir911 said:

i didn't copy it back, but i opened some of the files off of it, and that's all i'll be doing with my Pandora. so it seems to be legitimate. don't you think?

uh you still can't claim it's legit unless you've opened all the files and they've been fine.

all 32 gb of data... then not too many people know if they have legit memory cards or not. so if it stores the data, it doesn't mean it has the data?

aesir911 said:
so if it stores the data, it doesn't mean it has the data?
It isn't being stored. Basically, there is a particular family of flash-media controller chips that have exploits within them. These are leveraged in order to make the SD Card or USB flash-drive report a higher capacity than really exists - the real capacity is usually between 128MB and 2GB (and occasionally 4GB, but this has become rarer since flash prices started rising).

As mali notes, you need to remove the files from it, and test this card with H2Testw. You will probably have to leave it overnight to test. I'm almost certain it will report as fake, though. When it does (I'm afraid there is no "if"), please go and report it to SOSFakeFlash - follow their instructions exactly, because they need all the info you might have in order to keep their database current. They also have resources that will give you pointers on getting a refund, if you paid via PayPal.

@mali - Thanks. :)

Prometheus said:
aesir911 said:
so if it stores the data, it doesn't mean it has the data?
It isn't being stored. Basically, there is a particular family of flash-media controller chips that have exploits within them. These are leveraged in order to make the SD Card or USB flash-drive report a higher capacity than really exists - the real capacity is usually between 128MB and 2GB (and occasionally 4GB, but this has become rarer since flash prices started rising).

As mali notes, you need to remove the files from it, and test this card with H2Testw. You will probably have to leave it overnight to test. I'm almost certain it will report as fake, though. When it does (I'm afraid there is no "if"), please go and report it to SOSFakeFlash - follow their instructions exactly, because they need all the info you might have in order to keep their database current. They also have resources that will give you pointers on getting a refund, if you paid via PayPal.

@mali - Thanks. :)

thank you for the advice! unfortunately i have a mac (wait let me finish the sentence! :rolleyes: ) and am unable to download/use that program. do you know of one that will run on my mac?

EDIT: just looked the sellers up on that website... and they're fakes. oh well, i'm getting my money back through paypal/ebay... anyone know of a site that sells real ones?

Back