Which Browser is the BEST on Pandora?? (Benchmarking)

There is now a port of the latest version of Dillo available for the Pandora. Please test it and add the results to the blog post mentioned in this thread. Thanks in advance.

I included Dillo (3.0.2 but that shouldn't change much)  in the Scratch PND so time ago. I didn't found the browser to be usable in a dailly basis. It was ok for rendering the Help pages of Scratch, but that's was all.

If anyone else is having the issue where FF seems to lock up for several seconds at a time, run it from your nand. If you are running the OS from SD like I am, it make FF massively faster. Oh, and you'll probably have to copy your profile over too.

New article on PandoraLive ! Following the last release of Qupzilla, which changes things about the "best browser comparison" I did before :

promoqupzilla.png

Continue Reading  --->

Flash would be awesome.

The browser itself is much lighter than FireFox.

We would gain about 100MB more RAM.

We have the Flash 11 plugin now.

That's the most recent version you can get for ARM.

As I want to play Super Smash Flash 2 on my Pandora it is somehow important for me.

I use Firefox too but i stay in Version 18 because i dont like the newer Versions now.....
.....execpt....is in the newest Firefox the Flashplugin Version11 integrated?
The latest Flashplugin from Ti?

Oh cool then i dont need a TI Account to download it from them.
Is there a Way to find older Firefox PND Versions?
Maybe i integrate it in a older but faster Version.
Or delete it automatic all old PNDs when Uploading a new Version on the Repo?

You should find old versions of PNDs when clicking the "Archive" button besides the "Download" button.

No need to integrate the Flash plugin.

Simply copy it into a Folder in "appdata" directory.

Unfortunately I don't know the exact location but you don't have to do more than to copy one file.

Last edited by a moderator:
work very fine under Slackware too thx again.

Here work it with max 480p Videos Fine ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Otter Browser for me is the best, it is a lot lighter and faster than Firefox, but still full of functions... It is made like a spiritual successor of the old Opera Browser (not the new one)

The only drawback is that was not updated for a while (if only @ptitSeb could find the time <3)

Firefox anyway is the most complete and functional if you need to do some heavy stuff, but you'll need to use swap files to give to him some more RAM, and maybe even some more CPU MHz could be useful...

Last edited:
Back