Which fullflash for an original Pandora?

claregj

Still Fresh
Having carelessly deleted a lot of the items  which were in my  beloved Pandora, I would like to do a fullflash to try to restore its functionality. Will the latest version (SuperZaxxon 1.71) be suitable on such a small  Pandora?  (This is a big step for me, having never done it before, but the instructions available make it look possible)  - Please wish me luck. Thank you.

It's best to always use the latest one, so 1.71 is the one to go.

Works fine on a CC as well.

Yes. 

Someone else should post soon with tips and warnings or something. (edit: ED beat me.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be worth point out that the instructions in the wiki linked from Resources in the header are currently out of date.  You don't need to download flashkit or rename anything, just the SuperZaxxon171.zip from /firmware/fullflash folder (which I guess you've figured out judging by the thread title) and, according to the README file in there, just unzip it onto the root of a fresh SD card, then boot from that.  The instructions in the README look like the instructions on the wiki, but are just a bit simpler and actually correspond to the filenames in the zip.

You will be fine. I was in your shoes one or two weeks ago - until then i still had the old 1.52 firmware (I wrote 1.62 in another topic here then but it was that old). It takes some time but it goes all by itself, do it as Levi has explained, after a while it will start like always and greet you again :)

Thank you each very much for you replies.   Sadly my creeping "Old Age" continues to defeat me. This time the problem seesms to be related to lack of use of importqant parts of the Pandora. I dont actually remember using the shoulder buttons but now I want to use one they both seem immovable. Any advice welcome, but I am rather unhopeful of being able to fix it myself.

Hmm, it's possible the unit was dropped at some point, and that has wedged the shoulder buttons in.  That's something of a known issue, but as long as they haven't been wedged in too far, it's possible to prise them out again.  Examine your shoulder buttons carefully with the unit upside down - at rest they should be parallel to the back of the case, or even angled slightly out.  If they are pushed in you should be able to see it from that angle.

Hopefully they weren't pushed in far enough to disturb the actual switches inside, but I guess that's something you'll have to check for after fixing the button plastics.

If the unit has been opened, then the shoulder buttons may have become jammed when the unit was closed. When I had this issue, I was able to resolve it by backing off the screws towards the back of the unit slightly, then pulling back on the shoulder buttons.

- Neelix

Aha, a very dim ray of hope. Thank you Levi and Neelix. The buttons have three sides visible with Pandora lid partly open and the whole turned over so that the back edge is the highest part. If I run  a finger along each of those three sides they all are smooth, that is the buttons do not protrude anywhere.

However looking more closely at the underside the buttons are slightly twisted; in each case a small gap at the centre compared with the edge.

Then with a finger I can push the side of the button in a direction parallel with the under side so that small gap is rectangular rather than a triangle...

That movement has a sloppy feel; However the impression I get is that if the whole button would move it would protrude at the rear of the Pandora but not to the side or underside.  Is that what should happen? ( I am talking about the button before use)  .

Added note: Having put the battery back in I find that the movement described  no longer happens and the battery is a very tight fit.

I suspect I have damaged the case by forcing it shut - I am giving up I will send it in for repair being too old to waste my time and everyone else's. Once I go for a battery it is international post anyway..

Thank you again; Will the Pyra be ready in 2 months?

Back