SuperZaxxon v1.60 released

nice find.  There are more places though, like /mnt/utemp and of course your history file if you do lots of shell stuff. And the dot-something files that some programs make in your home...
/mnt/utmp is written to only once when a PND starts. So if I happen to run 10 apps throughout the evening, that's 10 NAND blocks getting overwritten. (By the way, that could have been avoided if pnd_run.sh didn't remove unused mount points, something I completely fail to understand the purpose). But when I plug the SD card, all 150+ PNDs I have are being processed and .desktop files are created for every one of them. See the difference? The same is true for bash history - I will wear out my keyboard long before the NAND.

PS. I'm not really worried about NAND wear (I know I sound like I am, but that's just me trying to speak English). I like to do things properly whenever possible though.

Seems to work fine for me after waking the pandora up again..
Did you wake your Pandora from the low power mode or from suspend to RAM? Suspend to RAM has always been troublesome due to charging issues (I am not talking about the inability to charge while the Pandora is in suspend to RAM mode, but how the switching of power mode is being handled by scripts ... ahem, mishandled that is).

Now I opened a bug report on bugs.openpandora.org, but I doubt that anything will be done about it. The bug report system seems to be have been dead (=not being used) from the very beginning ...

I have a suggestion for the next firmware update:

Enabling TV-out during the setup phase, this way the OP can be configured even if it has no working screen.

Hi, is SuperZaxxon v1.60 for 1ghz Pandoras only? on my first batch model it still says v1.5. I noticed the first 3 items are skipped in the install (omap  something), I did it twice and both were the same. I have done all the full upgrades up to now with no problems. Things have been changed so maybe it's just the model (600mhz), won't affect my flac playback with Rockbox with crossfeed on.

I used to have Openbox as the default GUI, but I uninstalled it before reset the Default GUI back to XFCE.  So now my Pandora is confused and cannot boot into xfce anymore.  Where is the file that stores the default GUI settings?  I logged into Pandora CLI but don't know where this file resides in order to set XFCE as default GUI again.  Don't tell me to reflash my firmware as I don't want to :)

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have Openbox as the default GUI, but I uninstalled it before reset the Default GUI back to XFCE.  So now my Pandora is confused and cannot boot into xfce anymore.  Where is the file that store the default GUI setting stored?  I logged into Pandora CLI but don't know where this file resides in order to set XFCE as default GUI again.  Don't tell me to reflash my firmware as I don't want to :)

Thanks for any help!
/etc/pandora/conf/gui.conf

The line you want is

XFCE4;The full desktop Environment;startxfce4;xfce4-session-logout --logout

Also, /home/$(whoami)/.xinitrc

The line you want is

DEFAULT_SESSION=startxfce4

Also, you might want to check that /tmp/gui.load reads startxfce4, but there is no point in editing obviously.

That certainly helped me out!  Thank you!

Hope Openbox maintainer fixes this in the future.  That is, reset to xfce when Openbox is uninstalled.

I'm following the install to SD-card card instructionson teh wiki but I think my rootfs is still being installed to NAND. After it's all done and setup, if I look in the sd card I have no root files there. Does this mean it's went onto NAND instead?

Aah, hold up. It's in teh rootfs.img and mounted at boot isn't it?

Back