Which GUI??

C

CocoCreekFisherman

Sorry if this has been beaten to death. Couldn't find another post.

Which GUI do most of you use and why? Do most Pandora users switch between GUI's regularly or just use one as default?

I am torn between xfce or mini . 

Opinions certainly appreciated.

I use the minimenu most of the time, I just want a simple interface to launch all the homebrew. Then xfce if I need to fire up a terminal and connect to wifi -> my server over ssh. 

XFCE because i use my Pandi more as a PC than a Game Console.
Irssi is running 24/7 on my server and i use the Pandora for SSH and so on...

+1 for openbox

Wonderfully configurable and functional desktop environment.

I always use OpenBox. Note how strangely appropriate the name of that wm is, even though it was not at all specifically designed for the Pandora ;)

I used minimenu until very recently, I switched over to xfce after the most recent update 1.53 because it killed my minimenu (don't know why??)

I don't know what updated, but it appears to be many more options since the last time I tried it (pre-superzaxxon I think?). I made the icons a lot smaller than the default and I have 4 x 7 icons on the desktop and I find it to be more usable and slicker now (transparencies etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to stick with XFCE.

MiniMenu holds no appeal to me. (though I just confirmed it works for me even under SZ 1.53)

I like the idea of OpenBox but have yet to get around to trying it, mostly because I'm fairly happy with XFCE, and I already have it set up the way I like it.

Amongst other things, like Android here I have made the icons smaller (allowing for 4x7 icons on screen) and I also made the panel smaller, which oddly enough gave me a lot more panel space, because all the icons have been shrunk to fit the new size.

- Neelix

After I made the unofficial WiFi build of the MiniMenu, I used that a lot. After getting my Pandora back from upgrade, I've yet to install it, so I just use XFCE.

I did plan on building a UI not dissimilar to MiniMenu and PNDManager; but as with all projects at the minute, they're going nowhere :(

Sorry to be OT but I have to say this... ThatGUI. (that is the name of a forum member uncoincidentally)

Back