Xfce Not Loading Settings When Switched From Minimenu

Pleng

I have reported this as a bug but thought I would let you guys know an issue that is occurring.

If you have XFCE selected as your default windowing system, your preferences (your selected theme, and the alternate key-mappings for Pandora for example), are loaded at startup.

If you switch to mini-menu and then back to XFCE, you will notice that XFCE reverts to a default theme and its default key mappings. This is why, for example, some people have been talking about shift-drag and some have been talking about alt-drag to move a window around.

To force XFCE to load your settings when coming from mini menu, you need to start a terminal and type:

xfwm --replace

You need to do this every time you switch between mini menu and XFCE.

out of curiosity what theme are you using
was personally thinking of something like this

http://xfce-look.org/content/show.php/Matt?content=118799
nice big buttons etc, dark but light aswell

emcp said:
out of curiosity what theme are you using
was personally thinking of something like this

http://xfce-look.org...?content=118799
nice big buttons etc, dark but light aswell

I don't know I should say what theme I'm using, out of fear of being shot!

I'm using RedmondXP with the white Pandora background. :D
At the end of the day I don't expect to be using XFCE for many things once PMenu is around

Last edited by a moderator:
ive restarted my pandora and can't seam to access any of the menu modifications or mini menu anymore... not sure what happened or how to get everything back

what exactly is stopping you from accessing them? Are the items not present in the system menu? Is the entire system sub-menu missing? Has your entire Pandora menu disappeared?<br><br>If your menu has gone completely you can get to it by right-clicking the desktop and hovering over 'Applications'.<br><br>To add the menu back to the taskbar you can right click where you want it to appear and click 'add new items' and select XFCE menu.<br><br>If your taskbar and titlebars have gone completely, launch a terminal and type "xfwm4"

yea the extra options were gone from the xfce menu settings menu.. such as cpu speed and nubs.

thnaks for your help :D

Back