Which Joystick/case/firmware

anyone link me to the best joystick cap i can buy + get shipped to the uk for cheap?

which case is best, i heard ds ones work better then the official, anyone link me to which one?

got 2.0.0 firmware, is it worth upgrading? because i cant be bothered to set 2xmenu up and stuff
just wanna play some games not mess around with different firmware. What it change?

1. look at the caps at Play-Asia; very cheap.
2. Yeah, get a DS case. You don't need a link, just get the damn case.
3. You've been here long enough ... SEARCH!

freddykreuger666 posted on Dec 14 2006 at 06:40 PM said:
also i got my tv/out cable and it doesnt fit anywhere into my tv, i need any other wires?

yes.

SEARCH!

Last edited by a moderator:
*level 1 hint hits freddys claw*
searchlz6.png

*you made 10dmg*

Vimacs posted on Dec 14 2006 at 07:33 PM said:
searchlz6.png

*you made 10dmg*

* TelcoLou Laughs his ass off *

Vimacs posted on Dec 14 2006 at 05:33 PM said:
searchlz6.png

*you made 10dmg*

You didn't let him make a saving throw...and he's probably not a big magic/psionic user so his AC has to be decent for a level 1 character.

but you also get pluses for being a mod...

yeh but search is always
1. out dated
2. too long for my busy schedule
3. love my gp2x pls spoon feed all the info for me

but none of the tv's in my house seem to have socket for my adaptor.

freddykreuger666 posted on Dec 15 2006 at 09:46 AM said:
yeh but search is always
1. out dated

Wow, at least you're honest. However, the attitude you're expressing is exactly the reason why some people get irritated. You don't feel like expending any effort for yourself, and you want other people to do it for you. That's pretty lazy. Try to remember that this is a Linux console that wasn't ever expected to be a mainstream device.

Are you sure the GP2X is right for you? Maybe you'd be happier with a DS or PSP. Those don't require any special effort at all (at least not for commercial games).

saehn posted on Dec 15 2006 at 10:17 AM said:
freddykreuger666 posted on Dec 15 2006 at 09:46 AM said:
yeh but search is always
1. out dated

Wow, at least you're honest. However, the attitude you're expressing is exactly the reason why some people get irritated. You don't feel like expending any effort for yourself, and you want other people to do it for you. That's pretty lazy. Try to remember that this is a Linux console that wasn't ever expected to be a mainstream device.

Are you sure the GP2X is right for you? Maybe you'd be happier with a DS or PSP. Those don't require any special effort at all (at least not for commercial games).

Yeah, but then he'd flood the Nintendo/Sony forums with cries of "Help! My DS cart won't insert correctly, the slot is too big!" or "What do I do with this little silver disc now that I've cracked open the UMD case?" <_<

a handheld console isnt all about copying folders + selecting wot wires needed to connect it to the tv, its for playing games ~~
but all the topics i searched for were outdated
and the firmware says it changes a few video stuff and thats it, but still 90% upgrade, must be something im missing
still dont have a clue wot wire to get name/number or anything

You need a s-video-to-scart (or RCA) adapter ... and extension cables.

</charity>

dude, not everyone knows the exact cable, cos i dont even know what slot the cable goes in, thanks telecou
but how am i meant to know which case to get, theres like 10+ different ones.

freddykreuger666 posted on Dec 16 2006 at 06:59 AM said:
dude, not everyone knows the exact cable, cos i dont even know what slot the cable goes in, thanks telecou
but how am i meant to know which case to get, theres like 10+ different ones.

Find your television's instruction manual, or write down your TV's make and model. Take this information along with your TV-out cable to your local electronics store. Show them these things and explain to them what you're trying to do.

Tell them you need to buy an RCA extension cable. Ask them what kind of converter you need (if any) to connect the RCA extension cable to your TV.

Summary:
1. GP2X connects to the...
2. TV-out cable which connects to the...
3. RCA extension cable which connects to the...
4. Converter (if necessary) which connects to the...
5. Television

Back