Which Os Do You Expect To Use On The Pandora Itself?

Which OS do you intend to live in the most (assuming the options are all workable; if one is cripple

• Angstrom (the smaller and default OS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ubuntu (the big boy alternative also supported)

• Something else not officially supported (Gentoo, Debian, others)

• Total voters

Capn_Fish said:
Mithrildor said:
Angstrom , Ubuntu and Windows CE! Why 1 if you can have all? (maybe Windows CE not...)
Definitely not WinCE. It kind of goes against everything the Pandora was designed around, plus the licensing fees and such.

Why are people wanting Android? I guess I don't see why it would be so nice on a non-phone platform (Please note I haven't followed Android all that much and don't know too much about it, my impression is it's similar to Angstrom/GPE)

Same for Maemo. Angstrom is designed for embedded devices/touchscreens, which gets rid of any benefit Maemo has that I can see. What do others see in it?

These are actual questions, NOT flamebait.

I'm just a fan of Maemo, because i know it well and like the bulky handheld-style of it's GUI. It has got a nice repo. I like microB and its flash support. Surfing with it on Pandora's hardware would fly. If Angström can offer me all of that, too, than I won't care about Maemo.
I would like to have CE, too, because I own CE software and would like to use it on Pandora.
I don't care about Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
[off topic]
What's the key combo for Å?
[/off topic]
Assuming you use Linux, press Ctrl+Shift+U, hold Ctrl+Shift and type in e5 for å and c5 for Å.
Not very intuitive, but working. :) Unfortunately I don't have a spare key on my Thinkpad to set up as Compose-Key, which would make things a lot easier.

Klaus said:
Assuming you use Linux, press Ctrl+Shift+U, hold Ctrl+Shift and type in e5 for å and c5 for Å.
Not very intuitive, but working. :) Unfortunately I don't have a spare key on my Thinkpad to set up as Compose-Key, which would make things a lot easier.
I don't use Linux on my Notebook, but I've found out, that Alt 339 does the trick in Vista:)

Back