Who has Received their 1Ghz Pandora Poll

Have you received your 1Ghz Pandora

• Yes

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters

NiGame

I was curious to who has received their Pandora and how many are left to be sent.

#80 on Craigs queue, still waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't oreder one but I'm helping out EvilDragon with repairs and other stuff since GamesCom so I also was able to buy one :) .

Haha, you can choose both yes and no. :)

I upgraded for the test run, haven't received a shipping e-mail as of yet. I'm in Craig's queue.

Haven't got it yet. Ordered the last week of July, was given queue #154.

Was considering getting a refund once I learnt that ED has 1ghz units in stock, but after Craig posted updates on his situation I feel that cancelling and reordering would just add to the problem and not really solve anything. Sure I'd have the unit faster, but I've waited since 2010, I can wait a little while longer. Definitely annoyed about the whole thing (although, now I'm not really sure who to be annoyed at except maybe CC, heh), ah well... I knew when I initially preordered way back when that this was pretty much what I was getting in to.

You need to clarify which shop was ordered from.

You're likely meaning from Craig's pre-order queue a month or two ago.. theres a thread for people to post in there, where folks are counting off their order# and who got one, etc.

You could buy one last week from ED and have it already, though, but you don't want those guys in your poll presumably.

jeff

I didn't oreder one but I'm helping out EvilDragon with repairs and other stuff since GamesCom so I also was able to buy one :) .
nice.will this get the extra shoulder button treatment too?

I'm working on it this weekend.

The new ones will be much better then the old ones.

I hope I can get original Pandora shoulder buttons as R2/L2 this time.

My plan is to make them feel like real shoulder buttons this time.

If everything runs well you should hear from me soon :) .

Mine just turned up... I should say my 2nd one just turned up. The one that has been on preorder/upgrade from Craig is still in the queue! Bloody awesome unit, it is worth the wait.

I've not had mine yet, I'm #60 in the 1GHz upgrade queue form Craig.

I don't see any point in trying to get a refund as that will just add to the chances of everything collapsing and, if Craig has no money to buy 1GHZ ones until the VAT tax rebate comes through, then, he won't have money for refunds until then either. This means it is not going to be any quicker to try and get a refund and then order from Ed.

I might not agree totally with the decisions that have been made that have ended up with us in this position but that is easy for me to say sitting here with only the cost of one Pandora at risk and using full 20/20 hindsight. I believe that Craig (with Ed's support which as always is great) will continue to try his hardest to meet all the preorders left but they both say he needs time. I'm not going to do anything that makes it harder for him, it's not as if he deliberately chose to end up in this position and he certainly isn't getting rich from Pandora at my expense, in fact it's the opposite and Pandora is costing him much more money than my pre-order and 1GHz upgrade have cost me...

No sign of mine either im #57, what no is your second? mine must be near....

Woah I am not aware enough of this. Please fill me in, are you adding R2/L2 shoulder buttons for other users or only your self?

Woah I am not aware enough of this. Please fill me in, are you adding R2/L2 shoulder buttons for other users or only your self?

Do you know my old Pandora?

L2/R2 buttons are reality already: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/7673-open-pandora-askarus-version/page__hl__%2Baskarus+%2Bversion

Those buttons are were a nice addition to my old Padnora.

For the Giga I want something more handy.

The old buttons are working but not handy, even for my long fingers.

The new buttons .... well, we'll see. Already told to much :) .

If I do it for others?

The old ones are not that nice but work. Better to use them on Keyboard.

I seriously was thinking about offering some hardware upgrade but I have to speak with EvilDragon about it and it's dammit hard to get the new ones inside. Lots of cases died today.

No yes and no no.

The problem is that I study. During hollidays it's not a problem to because I live at my parents house and have the stuff I need.

In Eichstätt (the town where I study) there is not enough room to make shoulder buttons.

We'll have to see what time brings.

Yes I have my 1Ghz Pandora.

I was #36 in Craig's queue.

I received wooden box #67 - which makes sense based on split queues.

Its a pity the 100 refunds impacted the 1ghz pandora queue. Its a very nice machine indeed.Hope you guys get yours soon.

Its a pity the 100 refunds impacted the 1ghz pandora queue. Its a very nice machine indeed.Hope you guys get yours soon.

I'd rather say it's a pity the money that people paid to "upgrade" and get the "product with high priority" was used, without their consent, to pay for refunds. That's a breach of *contract* if I ever see one.

Again, if all pre-orders of 1Ghz agreed for the refunds to be paid with their money, I would have no problem with that, but in reality it happened in their back and they were de facto lied to : what they paid did not go for a 1Ghz unit delivery.

And in terms of "outstanding costumer service", please notice that Craig never ever said the word "I'm sorry". When you screw up your customers, that's the least you'd expect.

I'd rather say it's a pity the money that people paid to "upgrade" and get the "product with high priority" was used, without their consent, to pay for refunds. That's a breach of *contract* if I ever see one.

Again, if all pre-orders of 1Ghz agreed for the refunds to be paid with their money, I would have no problem with that, but in reality it happened in their back and they were de facto lied to : what they paid did not go for a 1Ghz unit delivery.

And in terms of "outstanding costumer service", please notice that Craig never ever said the word "I'm sorry". When you screw up your customers, that's the least you'd expect.

I think that lieing would mean Craig planned on refunding a hundred or so orders at once before selling the original 1GHz units, and you understand that isn't possible. If looking at this situation from a distance I think we'd agree that telling the 1GHz orderers "just a moment" is wiser than telling the preorderers requesting refunds "no."

And Craig explained exactly what happened and what the hold up is, and that he wasn't prepared. That is enough, I think that begging our forgiveness would be rude and silly.

Back