Who here owns a DLP TV?

Fixit

Hey everybody, how many people here know anything about DLP televisions? I myself own a Mitsubishi WD-65C9 which is their 65 inch rear projection tv made back in 2009. Up until recently it has been a fantastic unit but now I am stuck on the Blue welcome screen after I attempted a software update. Does anyone here have any insight or something I can do to save my TV? Or am I just stuck buying a new main board for it? I have scoured the net for answers but everything points to either buying a new board or sending mine to be repaired. I want to know what exactly they do to repair such a board.

Hmm my only experience is with traditional front projection DLP projectors, but it seems what you are facing is a firmware issue unique to the product.

I have a 73740, but have never had your issue. The only other suggestion I've found other than the ones you already have is to try a different USB stick and check that it's formatted properly. The best place I've come across for information on these sets would be here. The update process changed for my model year TV so I can't be much more help.

Good Luck

Thank you igboo. I will have to try that. I tried with an SD card inside a USB reader but with no luck. I'll see if I can borrow a different flash drive. I contacted mitsu two weeks ago with no reply and their customer service line goes to dead air after you select your option.
In regards to your comment, Trashy, what do you think of them? I saw LCD projectors are cheaper but I have heard that they look washed out and they arent as sharp as a DLP unit. Any input?

In regards to your comment, Trashy, what do you think of them? I saw LCD projectors are cheaper but I have heard that they look washed out and they arent as sharp as a DLP unit. Any input?
Well some of the cheaper ones do have poor contrast ratio, I'm still using an Optima HD71 which I bought 6 years ago, the colors look fantastic even projected on a 120" screen. Even if it's 720p native, 1080p input works well without much distortion. I guess the only hang up is that you will need to control sunlight in the room, my projector does fine with regular lamp light in my room, but I have to put heavy shades on the windows when watching during the daytime.

Cool! Thanks for the input. I was toying around with the idea of setting up sort of a home theater setup in my basement after I finish it. I wanted to go with a DLP projector because of how good my mitsubishi has been. I'm starting to think that my board may have been one of the unfortunate bunch that is destroyed when attempting to update. I found someone on ebay claiming to know how to repair it but he will not return my calls. Kinda worries me to be honest. How on earth am I going to ship out my board when he wont even call me back

Back