Why EXACTLY is Xbox360 emulation so "unachievable"?

I was so busy recovering from that failure that I really forgot which way I turned it first. So if I turned it clockwise first and then clockwise again to put it back into normal operation that would have been wrong! Now I have to turn it anticlockwise twice... Or was it anticlockwise the first time?

I just hope that ED has some kind of turntable to repair this if I have to send it to him. Is this under warranty?

Cause the pandora is to awesome to load something made by MICROSOFT .

Although there is a 360 emulator outthere . Not that the average computer could handle it but - yeah .

^no problem - framerate should reach 1pHz with a bit of optimisation :)

The pandora hardware is just not fast enough. Xbox 360 in general is not impossible.

For all consoles you have overhead for emulating a different system.

Since the 360 has a tripple core 3,2?GHz CPU + fast GPU the pandora should have at least these specifications (forgetting the additional overhead).

Maybe some XLBA games could be ported, but it would not be emulated!

The pandora hardware is just not fast enough. Xbox 360 in general is not impossible.

For all consoles you have overhead for emulating a different system.

Since the 360 has a tripple core 3,2?GHz CPU + fast GPU the pandora should have at least these specifications (forgetting the additional overhead).

Maybe some XLBA games could be ported, but it would not be emulated!
Could this be the first and only serious answer were likely to ever see in this thread?

And I ask, wouldn´t it be possible to port the Call Of Duty games to Pandora? Even if it is at one frame per hour, at least the solo campaign would last longer than in the xbox 360! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Can they be ported: yes.

Wll they do it: no.

Why: porting to linux (not even pandora) is a large project. If they would port to pondora they would have to do this:

port to linux / opengl/sdl

port it to ARM architecture

optimize for hardware used in pandora

These developers probably do not know the pandora in the first place, second the devs do not decide if they can port the game as the publisher does that.

The publisher wants to make (a lot of) money without risks and our community is not big enough for most tripple A games to be cost effective to be ported.

But! As linux gaming is getting a bit more popular (so does ARM) we might see some commercial games on the pandora eventually.

Or we wait for the sourcecode to be released and port the game ourselves. But most companies do not do this :-(

You did notice, that this whole threadvis a joke, didn't you? ;)

Also I think there is no (working) 360 emulator yet. If there would be we would have tried it already :)

Even if we would like to run the games the game requires a power adapter with a minimum size of a freshly backed bread.

For some reason microsoft build this check in so people could not emulate the games on smaller machines and pc's.

Some chinese hacker almost hacked it once but they now use kinect to measure the size of the power adapter making it almost impossible to emulate.

It tried fooling it by using a mirror but it wouldn't work as the touch screen of the pandora is not accurate enough to read the outer bits on the DVD.

Almost made it work by manually overwriting /dev/null/ by tapping the screen with the stylus creating the missing bits but the stylus is to thick to emulate 28nm xenos code.

The pandora 1GHz would run the games fine if we only had a smaller stylus. It would never work on the 600MHz pandora due to the lack of wifi bandwidth icw. black case.

But seriously. The only thing stopping us from running games like GTA5 and Battlefield 3 is the stylus, so please hire someone to write a thin stylus emulator first.

@update1:

If we buy this it will also give us all ipad games, even future ones, as the images clearly showing the stylus rendering ipad apps perfectly.

http://adonit.net/jot/mini/

@update2:

I had the xbox 360 running with the stylus-360 emulator and played some assassins creed 3 on full downscaled hd.

But it stopped working due to the lack of pandora.

Maybe someone can give me one and I will guarantee I can publish the stylus emulator-360 that will ofcourse also feature the ipad rending and bluray support.

Screenshots of some games I ran (pandora in iphone-like sleeve):

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/battlefield-3-e1349270569327.jpg (not fake at all!)

@update3:

Appears someone from the forum broke into my house and stole the stylus emulator I wanted to make. Now I can never release it (with or without 2 month delay).

Sorry guys, looks like the only chance of having the emulator running is now gone...

Although there is a 360 emulator outthere . Not that the average computer could handle it but - yeah .
what about dreamcast, will we have the right to run games using windows CE?

You did notice, that this whole threadvis a joke, didn't you? ;)
I think he has not noticed... :D   Though I can't tell if in the second reply you (tedades) are being serious or not :blink:

Warning - maniacal laughter below - Binky

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

^

why-so-serious-cat1.jpg

Thread started with the intention of being completely absurd starts talking about gun control while thread that at least pretends to be serious delivers cats with joker makeup. Mission accomplished?

what about dreamcast, will we have the right to run games using windows CE?[/quote/]

THAT was before Microsoft released vista , shudder .

Back