Why Is There So Much Hostility

frolik posted on Mar 23 2004 at 12:56 PM said:
I think this thread is good at highlighting who can give mature criticism,

swiss obviously cannot
Except for my jab at Memnoch, everything I said was true. Please, point out what was incorrect.

If not, than you aren't exactly giving mature criticism yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
i also collect handhelds and i would definitely get a zodiac if i lived in the u.s.
i did have an N-gage and it wasnt that bad. i think that every console has advantages and disadvantages but whatever people say the general idea is still this
GAMES RULE :lol:

If someone makes negative comments about the GP32 or Zodiac, I will back them up since I own both. If someone says something about the ngage I wont get involved since I have never even held one so I am not qualified to talk about it. That doesn't seem to stop most people though.

And the ngage has a perfectly fine OS (I have a SE P900 with Symbian), it just may not be utilized properly.

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Mar 23 2004 at 01:14 PM said:
Except for my jab at Memnoch, everything I said was true. Please, point out what was incorrect.

If not, than you aren't exactly giving mature criticism yourself.
fair enough your comments were mostly valid, but why start these little vendettas against people?

"Ah fuck you"

mature?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm selling my GBA and my 12 games to get my gp32. Thats how much I love them. it's just the concept of playing all my favourite nostalgic consoles again. Like the Mega drive, NES and Master System etc...

Iam inclined to agree, i loved the snes and mega drive/genesis so the the GP32 was like a present from god, add to that the ease of use and the gp`s many different use`s, however i do own a gba sp and am very happy with it, with its small mobile phone style design, its very high support for its commercial games cant be beaten, i think though that to compare the GP32 with the GBA is like comparing a high end pc (the gp) with a PS2(the gba)

there's hostility because..................

CUZ THE GP32 ROXORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND ALL OTHER HANDHELDS SUCK THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the gp32 is really really good.

In the case of the Ngage:

It'd be hard for many people to comment on it simply because hardly anyone bought it, a fact backed up by its quick decline in price. I've seen people test it out in stores only to walk away from it with disgusted looks on their faces. the few people that have bought it if not trying to deny every logical shorcoming of the system are eager to discribe those shortcomings in detail. and aside from a few minor quibles it's hard to not understand their dissapointment.

Granted the GP has it's share of shortcomings too, but there always seems to be away around them or a plus to counter a minus and that's something that inspires loyalty.

EVERY system for the last 20 odd years has it killer apps and or games. The spectrum, the Gameboy, the NES the ST the Amiga the SNES the GBA ALL of these systems (and the others I haven't mentioned) have one thing in common. They have all had classic games released for them that will be played for years to come in emulation.

Most people would not say a spectrum is better than an Amiga but that doesn't mean the Spectrum didn't have some superb games written for it some of which are very probably more playable that the SNES, Amiga etc ports of the same titles.

When I first had an Amiga there was bitter rivalry between that and the Atari ST but I'm sure most ex ST and Amiga users on here would have forgotten their differences. I for one thought wow when I saw ST emulation was possible on the GP32 even though I only owned an ST for a few weeks before selling it (I did have 3 Amigas at the time).

Quite simply I say why bother dissing a system because in a half a dozen or so years time we'll be emulating this latest batch of consoles and enjoying their classics and the rivalry being displayed on this board (a board which for the most part is very easy going) will have once again passed into the mists of time.

It's like most consoles, they all have people who will argue for and against them. As a kid it was spectrum vs c64, nowadays it's GC vs PS2 vs Xbox so it's inevitable the GP32 will get compared to other handhelds. I can't understand the hostility either- I love handhelds generally and GBA SP, Game Gear, GP32, NGPC, GameBoy and Wonderswan. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages. At the moment the GP32 is my fave as it can do so much more than just play games. I'm watching the PSP, Gametrac releases with interest.

I have never played the GBA, ive played the emulators in windows and some of the games are quite good.

The main reason i want the emulator is for the mario games & mario kart, thats about it :lol:

The GBA is well worth the money. It has a huge load of games that are superb. Not just SNES remakes like everyone says. And some of the extra GBA hardware is great also. There is a AV input module, a TV tuner, and now there is a compact flash movie player.

If you look on GBAX.com, there are 256Mbit Flash systems available for about £59. Totally amazing all round system with its fair share of great games.

That is the main reason for this post.. All the GBA bashing really annoys the hell out of me. Sometimes I wonder if these people have actually played any games, or if they have just read the specs.

Yeah the GBA is a nice system. Just recently got Mario and Luigi which is absolutely hilarious.

totally me too
it seems like this is a reality im gonna get more smcs then i will download everysingle pirated gba game there is i hate corporations

The gba is not 3d system, it more of a souped up snes. I still have mine for the odd game and development.

Back