why isn't anyone talking about the new snes9x

angrypants

GP OG
its out I can't try it out yet because I don't have my computer set up and stuff but I just wanted to know what people think of it so far.

theres nothing to talk about, the biggest change in this new release is the version number

I think I must have missed the last version, I think its really good!!

OK, so you cant run anything with sound, but loads of games seem to work really nice, I have been playing Micro Machines, Zombies and loads more, and they are playable (unlike before). So I for 1 am quite pleased, pity its the last version!!

Does anybody know what speed this emu clocks the processor at??? ie, could it have been changed to use a high clock speed, or was it already running full speed???

Rock On

It's faster than the previous version. Now I can play Evolution at (almost) full speed.

It's crap (relatively speaking)...I mean, it's a great job to have Snes at all, but it doesnt live up to what was promised. I know I read there was a gamma option for one. Most games are playable on 3-4 with no sound (some FS 2 - Like early levels of Mario World)...but mostly it remains unplayable. Maybe if we can up the speed it runs at?

With some of the comments on here why would anyone want to even release an emulator here?

First of all it's free.
Second it's still a work in progress.
Third the author doesn't have to release it - EVER.

Future coders out there may think twice about posting let alone starting a project if they think they're going to get nailed with a lot of criticism for WIP's.

Come on! :angry:

HZ :ph34r:

hiroziro posted on Aug 30 2003 said:
Second it's still a work in progress.
it's final. no more WIP.

most people are mad about emu's being slow even with new releases. the fact that he hyped it up so much and promised all sorts of stuff are why people are really dissappointed.
Maybe he could redeem the last flop with releasing the source code. that would be a good thing to do.

personally... i like the author and he can do what he wants.. but i think i'm speaking for the rest of the community here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing is ever final. ;)

But I agree - if HE is finished with it - than I think he shiould release the source code so someone else can take a look and improve it . And if he doesn't than I think that would suck. :angry:

But I am thankful for getting any version at all. On the old at least I could play a few games, which is something... and I hope with this version I can play more... and I hope that he can release the source so that we can play even more than that.

HZ :ph34r:

Back