Release WiFi Driver / Firmware Betatest

Sure, or a mini-USB WiFi dongle, even possible with speeds up to 150MBit :)
Well, I think I could get by with tethering it to my laptop when I'm at home. Still, Ad-hoc on the internal wifi would be awesome.

Where can I find one of those?
Buy them @ ebay for afew £'s/$'s just type in mini usb wifi dongle or wireless usb stick, make sure the ones you buy are compatible with Linux (that's if you intend to use it with the Pandora)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I think a better idea would be to upgrade the wireless card in the desktop/router/server to one that would support master mode. Any recommendations?

It fixed the wifi problem (didn't work with a WEP-encrypted connection before), but added the "freezing at shutdown" problem, and possibly other crashings. So basically the same report as others.

We ended up actually getting a router, so I shouldn't have problems. (I hope :unsure: )

i tryed this firmware, but either i had some issues during the install that screwed it up, or the version on my pandora wasnt the same as either of those 2 ? o_O

heres my dmesg, hopefully its an easy fix, im worried that flashing the nand back wouldnt fix it since its probably the wifi firmware XD.

This is only compatible with vanilla HF4, if you have HF5 this will not work. HF5 already has this included in slightly different way, so there is no need to install this.

ED: can you update your first post to warn that this is only for HF4?

Back