Wifi Power and Distance Question?

ish420

How far will the wifi signal be picked up with the Pandora? I have a psp that is just out of reach to my where my bed is. Makes it really annoying not to be able to surf the web in bed. On the other hand I have a laptop that can pick up the signal from across the street. Will it be significantly stronger and farther than a psp's reach? Repositioning my network is a no no in my home. That is a BIG deal for me.

The Pandora's 802.11g spec has the same range as the PSP's 802.11b spec, but I suppose it depends on how much dB they transmit at. Given Pandora's much larger battery it's not out of the question for it to pump more power into wifi.

phrosty said:
The Pandora's 802.11g spec has the same range as the PSP's 802.11b spec, but I suppose it depends on how much dB they transmit at. Given Pandora's much larger battery it's not out of the question for it to pump more power into wifi.
Ah man, I hope that ain't the case. I'd love to surf and relax at the same time.
BTW, I love L.A. Angels and Dodgers World Series would be the sh!t.

ish420 said:
BTW, I love L.A. Angels and Dodgers World Series would be the sh!t.

I live 5min away from Dodger stadium, I'd prefer to not have the traffic :p

ish420 said:
I'd like an answer, if possible. Devs?
Most of the hard details of the wifi/BT chip are still under NDA. The dev boards don't even have them installed, so there is no way to test this yet.

Back