WiFi won't stay connected on 1ghz unit

hedwards

I just opened my Pandora yesterday and I'm having a serious problem getting it to connect to my router for more than a few seconds. It connects long enough to get an IP and if I immediately ping the router, I can get a response, but within a minute or so, I don't even get that.

I'm using release 1.53 of Super Zaxxon with Kernel 3.2 on my 1 ghz unit. And I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is.

EDIT: I've tried turning off the power management and that's done absolutely nothing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried 'toggle wifi' from the main menu xfce gui?

Have you tried 'toggle wifi' from the main menu xfce gui?
Yep, I can toggle it, but it doesn't last more than half a minute before it's no longer able to connect. I'm really puzzled by it as I've never had a device that would only connect for a few seconds.

Did it ever work correctly with this router?

Are you able to test your Pandora with a different router to help identify the cause of the problem?

What is the make & model of the router?

Did it ever work correctly with this router?

Are you able to test your Pandora with a different router to help identify the cause of the problem?

What is the make & model of the router?
I just got it yesterday and it hasn't worked for more than 30 seconds at a time. I'll be going somewhere else with wifi tomorrow so I should be able to test it on a couple different WAPs. I'm using an OpenMesh OM1P.

I'm a bit puzzled as I've never had a device be able to connect, but be dropped pretty much immediately.

Try to disconnect from the router every PC you have, then connect only the Pandora

Try to disconnect from the router every PC you have, then connect only the Pandora
Right now that looks like it worked. I was able to actually update my repository, which is far more than I have been able to do up until this point. I think there's been more wireless traffic today and yesterday than usual, so hopefully I won't have to disconnect the gear to connect via my Pandora.

EDIT: And of course thank you for the fix. I didn't see any other forum posts on it when I searched.

Theres also the 'tape mod'..

jeff
Tape mod? PowerGod's suggestion seems to have worked, but it remains to be seen how many devices I can share the AP with before it becomes a problem again.

Have you locked down your router in any way? how many dhcp connections is your router allowing? you might not have any left when you tried to connect...

Now you`ve disconnected everything and it works now...

Have your Pandora connected and then try connecting all your other things see if one of them doesn`t connect ( like your Pandora did ) 

Darren

Right now that looks like it worked. I was able to actually update my repository, which is far more than I have been able to do up until this point. I think there's been more wireless traffic today and yesterday than usual, so hopefully I won't have to disconnect the gear to connect via my Pandora.

EDIT: And of course thank you for the fix. I didn't see any other forum posts on it when I searched.

>Theres also the 'tape mod'..

jeff
Tape mod? PowerGod's suggestion seems to have worked, but it remains to be seen how many devices I can share the AP with before it becomes a problem again.
Here you can find a program I made months ago to "patch" a little the problem, and in the discussion you can find others info too, but seems like the issue is limited to the PCs... every other wifi device does not give problems...

The "tape mod" is described too in the discussion I pointed (and somewhere in the forum there are pictures too), there's a piece of tape in the antenna of the Pandora, and if it's placed in the wrong position can give connection problems.

Back