Wiki: Will X Run on the Pandora?

I don't want to discourage you but for the most part the wiki is do it yourself. If you care about a page you should maintain it your self. I'm not saying you won't get some contributions but certain pages are mostly maintained by certain people. Esn seems to maintain the software projects, games, and emulator lists. I mostly maintain the port requests page. Anyways, I'm glad to see that your doing something productive :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did you remove my entries? Was there something wrong with them? I had a bunch of stuff that told you what would run on the Pandora. I felt the page was negative because it was full of "this can't run on the Pandora." You are also complaining that there needs to be more stuff, yet you removed my entries...? Frankly I find that a little ironic. There is a port page you know, this is not a "we want this on the Pandora" page.

Edit: I am not starting a wiki editing war. Do whatever you want but don't expect help when you destroy other peoples work.

Edit2: Did you even read the page description?

This is intended to be a list of every application or game that has ever been asked about on the forums, with a short answer as to whether it is, or will be, possible on the Pandora. If you can think of anything that's not in this list that you think people might want to know about, please add it to the list, along with a link to a thread or wiki page that confirms it.

You then contradict it with this:

Note that programs that already have Pandora ports will NOT be posted on this page.

Do you even read what you write? Either make the page consistent or redo the whole thing.

X are already running on Pandora :wacko: , and fully configured. :rolleyes:

But to the contrary, the new Y server is not.

Why did you remove my entries? Was there something wrong with them? I had a bunch of stuff that told you what would run on the Pandora. I felt the page was negative because it was full of "this can't run on the Pandora." You are also complaining that there needs to be more stuff, yet you removed my entries...? Frankly I find that a little ironic. There is a port page you know, this is not a "we want this on the Pandora" page.
The stuff you listed was for programs that already DO run on Pandora. That's not what the page is for. That page is for speculation. Such overlap is not necessary, especially when there is already a link to the Emulators page.

...That's not what the page is for. That page is for speculation...

is intended to be a list of every application or game that has ever been asked about on the forums, with a short answer as to whether it is, or will be, possible on the Pandora....

Where on the Wiki does it say the list is just for speculation?

looks to me like it's pretty clear, if it's been asked about it should be on there, with whether it'll never run, could run, or already runs and the relevant links etc

wikis would be better if you had to be added to the editor list by an admin

First you spam these boards with nonsensical threads and now you start destroying the info on the wiki. What the hell is wrong with you?

That wiki page clearly mentioned that the status included entries which are possible on the Pandora. That obviously includes software that already runs.

Looking at the discussion page, other users seemed confused on what the purpose of the page was. I'm certain Blue Protoman just thought he was helping. Educate and correct. I've heard wiki reversions are pretty straightforward.

Ok, I agree with you there. Sorry for the harsh words Protoman. I jumped to conclusions too quickly.

If you indeed want to maintain that page then the effort is appreciated. I agree with gfrancisdev though, that (it'll never run, could run, or already runs) is the appropriate interpretation even though it duplicates part of another page.

Ok, I agree with you there. Sorry for the harsh words Protoman. I jumped to conclusions too quickly.

If you indeed want to maintain that page then the effort is appreciated. I agree with gfrancisdev though, that (it'll never run, could run, or already runs) is the appropriate interpretation even though it duplicates part of another page.

Except for the fact that then we'd have to add every Pandora program to the "Possible" list. I'll make the distinction a bit clearer on the page.

Caine, if you click on the little arrow at the top of the quote-box in my post, it will take you to Craig's original post about that, if that's of any help. :)

Specifically, this is the source link.

Caine, if you click on the little arrow at the top of the quote-box in my post, it will take you to Craig's original post about that, if that's of any help. :)

Specifically, this is the source link.
I was already looking where the source link was located in your reference, but somehow I completely overlooked the arrow.

Thanks for that... I'm going to get some coffee now :)

<edit>Opera: possibly. Nice. Only 49.000 Pandoras to go :D </edit>

Those are already linked on the wiki page. This page will mainly help to redirect people asking "can I run X", "why not?".

Back