Wikipedia Photo Update Request

W

WhiteBat

fact: the pic on the wiki page is out of date
here> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_%28console%29

request: i thought i'd ask and see if anyone would change/update it. I would but I've never edited a wiki before, and would break the internet, and mess up the copyright etc.
question: does MWeston have to update it?

example:

this >
2v2795h.jpg

to this>
11jot9f.jpg

fullsize: http://gi113.photobucket.com/groups/n213/I0S2J7KION/PandaFront.jpg

random fact of the day: i have the flu

Might be worth waiting for the pictures in the final case? If everything goes according to plan, we should have pictures of a final Pandora by the end of this week. I agree though - the Wikipedia article could use some major updating now that we're nearing release.

WhiteBat said:
question: does MWeston have to update it?
No, he does not have to upload it himself, but he would need to state that the photo is available under a suitable (free) license.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as I get the final case with a Pandora, I'll do professional pictures :)

EvilDragon said:
As soon as I get the final case with a Pandora, I'll do professional pictures :)

:blink: :eek: :) :D :heart:

It actually wasn't very easy to get even that picture up there. ED had to email documentation to the Wiki-Commons people that he was indeed releasing that picture into a free license (or public domain, I don't remember which). Any new pictures will be deleted unless it can be proven that they're released under a free license.

EvilDragon said:
It would be nice (and it would make it easy) if you'd put a new page on the site with photos (kinda like the old site's Press page, I guess), along with something saying that the pictures were released under a Creative Commons license.

I suggest the by-nc license (Attribution, and Commercial Use Prohibited). The nc part would prevent anyone other than OpenPandora Ltd. (and you, CraigIX, etc.) from using the image for commercial purposes; IIRC it would still let the press use it for editorial purposes. You could also use a basic Attribution license to let anyone use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_licenses

WolfSpider said:
I tryed to update something like that before, but I failed. :(
Yeah, you have to read the user manual before editing Wikipedia these days (unless it's for something very simple). The prevailing philosophy is now to delete something which breaks the rules in some way or other, rather than try to fix it so that it follows them.

Esn said:
WolfSpider said:
I tryed to update something like that before, but I failed. :(
Yeah, you have to read the user manual before editing Wikipedia these days (unless it's for something very simple). The prevailing philosophy is now to delete something which breaks the rules in some way or other, rather than try to fix it so that it follows them.

It's called "deletionism", and while it isn't the prevailing philosophy, it's the one that people notice the most. :(

EvilDragon said:

I had e-mailed Jacqueline to let Craig know that if the team wanted Product shots of the pandora and accessories for promotion etc... to let me know, she has the details and the links to my portfolio though. No charge :)

Not heard anything back but I can imagine how busy the crew is.

Back