Will A Cradle From Play-asia Work In The Uk?

Hey, I'm keen to get a cradle before they all disappear now the 2X is officially no more. I've seen one from play-asia (can't find them on gbax or this site anymore) but will it work here in the UK?

Cheers,

I'm still a giant noob, but I doubt that GP2Xs from U.S.A., Asia or Europe have any differences in manufacturing, or regional limitations, so that should work... I think o_O
Correct me if I'm wrong please since I think about getting one myself, and I'm from Germany

AFAIK US uses 120V and most Asia and Europe uses 240V, but I think it will work anywhere, you'd just need a plug adapter. Buy it and read the instructions first, I've blown out a few of my things (including a DS) by plugging my North American plugs into Asian outlets. You can pick up a converter online for ~£20 anyway. I'm rambling again, because that shouldn't be a problem. I think Asia and the UK use the same voltage and amperage. Somebody else can confirm this.

PlopperZ said:
I think Asia and the UK use the same voltage and amperage. Somebody else can confirm this.
It depends on the country, I know that Hong Kong uses the same voltage as the UK (for obvious reasons), hovever Japan uses the same voltage as North America. I don't know what voltage the other countries in Asia use unfortunately. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes no odds anyway, the cradle takes DC so you'll need a power supply which will be suitable for your region if you buy it there. All cradles and GP2Xs are identical irrespective of country.

Back