Will Be See Lynx For The Wiz

adolobe said:
Does anyone know if someone is porting Handy or Handy2x to the wiz.

I would love to play battlewheels and Warbirds on the wiz screen
Maybe, I have the source code to the GP2X version which was full speed with a slight overclock. On the Wiz it should run full speed. I gave the source to someone who has the skills to port it but has little free time. (I don't want to mention names so that person won't get badgered). So if he has time we might get Lynx, if not we probably won't as that wasn't as popular as SNES, for example, and the Wiz scene isn't active enough to have many chances for the port. We can hope though Lynx was a cool system in it's day (the first ever home console to have sprite scaling too).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see a Lynx emu ported over too. It's a much under-rated system.

Do we need something to kick-start developer interest in the Wiz? Perhaps a specific Wiz competition or something?

Well there is supposed to be a coding competition from GPH with a $100,000 prize (might have been $50k, I can't remember). I suspect a fair few people might be waiting for that before releasing any software.

GBAX2009 will be starting in December.

craigix said:
GBAX2009 will be starting in December.

I've always appreciated the time and effort you put into organising the GBAX competitions over the years. If you get the Pandora out beforehand it'll be a bumper year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back