Will I Be Able To Run Lands Of Lore 123 On Dos Box?

I loved the original Lands of Lore. Very similar to the Eye of the Beholder games - better in some ways. Developed by the same team so the similarities are understandable.

Lands of Lore II was a complete disappointed for me. The real 3-D world was horrible! I played it for a bit, trying very hard to like it, but I did not.

I didn't bother with Lands of Lore III - did it re-deem itself?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also loved Lands of Lore I. I was never able to beat it, that last misty place was tough when I was a kid! I had the floppy version, but remember seeing a cd version in the store that featured Patrick Stewart as the king. I thought that was pretty awesome. Did anyone play that version, was the voice over the only difference?

Another game I got into a lot (mostly because of the riddle treasure chests, heh) was Betrayal at Krondor.

'Exophase' said:
Makes me wonder what "cycles" are exactly.

Cycles are what one puts into a bike shed. It's the measurement of how many warhols it is until the paint is dry.[/offtopic]

As far as cycles go, I think that dosbox seems to top about at about 3k. So I suspect that if you're in the area of 2-3k that it's probably optimal.

'DasFool' said:
I also loved Lands of Lore I. I was never able to beat it, that last misty place was tough when I was a kid! I had the floppy version, but remember seeing a cd version in the store that featured Patrick Stewart as the king. I thought that was pretty awesome. Did anyone play that version, was the voice over the only difference?

Another game I got into a lot (mostly because of the riddle treasure chests, heh) was Betrayal at Krondor.
I'm pretty sure the version I played did not have voices. I never knew there was a "talkie" version - sounds enticing enough to give the game another go! :)

Well, there are TONS of old DOS games that were realesed on diskettes and CD-ROMs, primarily since the early 90's. I love to play their CD counteparts on my PC, with voice acting, animated cut-scenes... and I'd reaaaally like to play some of them on my Pandora... ah, the good old times are still ahead... :D

I found a youtube video of someone playing the CD version of LoL I.

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9ETHc13Pl0

Back