Will Ithic be affected by Craig's fallout?

Dahak

I recently ordered a 1ghz from Ithic while the store still posted a confirmed mid-November delivery; the next day it magically changed to a december estimate. Perhaps that "no waiting" business on the OpenPandora page should be suspended until all official stores have current stock.

Now I read about Craig's current issues. I also see that Link was listed as one of the people involved in the iCP2 kickstarter (and it shared the same physical address as Ithic).

I'm trying to be hopeful here, but did I make a mistake ordering from Ithic?

Nah, Link is a good guy. It depends on inventory. He is supplied by evildragon. Pandoras production was on hold until an lcd screen issue was cleared up.(bad batch of screens that were sent back to the manufacturer) Link has many happy customers from the usa.

The units have shipped end of last week, so the estimation November should be correct.

ithic LLC is a different company from Product 3 LLC, so it shouldn't be affected.

But where is Link?  For the good of himself and his Pandora selling business, he should show up and start straightening things out as his silence may kill Ithic.com.  At least many members here now who want to order a Pandora from him will think twice including myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Product 3 was killed shortly after the Kickstarter was funded. It was a short term company with the sole purpose to fund the Kickstarter.. This was before Kickstarter UK was formed and you needed to be a US company to use Kickstarter. If Craig waited a month he could of started the Kickstarter himself without dragging Link into it.

TrashyMG:  You're based in Vermont and Link is in Vermont as well.  Maybe you want to drive by to see how things are over there.

I could, I do owe him a few beers from the last time we met.  However if he tells me not to say anything yet, I won't say anything.

The only thing he needs to confirm for now is that his business will continue and new and old orders will be handled. The statement can come later when everything is clear.

When you get a Pandora will depend upon when Link gets them from ED, and nothing else. I ordered some other things from Link a few weeks back and they arrived just fine, the only delay you might see is if he runs out of units for previous orders before he gets to your order.

But, both ED and Link are good guys, so you can be sure that you will get one eventually, and that eventually is probably sooner rather than later.

But where is Link?  For the good of himself and his Pandora selling business, he should show up and start straightening things out as his silence may kill Ithic.com.  At least many members here now who want to order a Pandora from him will think twice including myself.
I doubt that this will happen. Link has always been very transparent.

Why are you people getting worked up? We all knew Craig was dodgy from the beginning and we have to accept the facts

Thanks for the replies, everyone. The consensus seems to be that Link is a good guy, so I'll try to keep my anxiety in check.

I think Link will talk to a lawyer before posting anything. Since Craigs kickstarter failed  he must be careful what to say.

I doubt that this will happen. Link has always been very transparent.
My thoughts as well, however, a bit of transparency relating to who is behind the cancellation update of iCP2 would be appreciated. As per question 1 here.

My apologies Link, if that update was nothing to do with you.

@ Dahak : +1 to the sentiments that Link is a good guy and your order for a Pandora will be fine.

^ He logged in yesterday.  I'm sure he'll post when he sorts out what's what with the ICP2 mess.

I bought my Pandora from Link and some other accessories with no problems at all if that means anything..

FWIW I ordered a TV out cable from ithic.com the weekend before last. Link sent me a message last Monday (11/11) that he got called out of town on emergency business and would be back late this week. He said it would ship out after he returned.

Back