Will my commercial games work if i buy a new GP32?

Evil_Cartman

I am made of jellay.
Website
Visit site
I'm intending to buy a FLU, but will my commercial games still work on the new GP32?
Or is there any light kit i can install?

My games are:
Pinball Dreams
Little Wizard
Tomak: Save the earth, Again
MoviePark

The gp32 with the light is just that a gp32 with a light. I don't understand why you would think that commercial games wouldn't work with it.

Okay, the way GP32 game encryption/registration works, there are two possible legal methods for getting games:

1) You buy the games on an SMC and have them imported: Result - Games will be playable on ANY GP32, but only on the SMC you purchased them on (back up the files just in case!). Basically, the game is encrypted to a unique ID on the SMC.

2) You buy the game via JoyGP and download it: Result - Games will be playable ONLY on the GP32 that you had registered at JoyGP when you downloaded the game. On the bright side, you can move the games between SMCs as much as you want, and the games are cheaper. In this case, the game is encrypted to a unique ID in your GP32.

Hope that makes sense!

If you got your games from joygp I believe they will not work with a new GP32 - as far as I know games dowloaded from joygp are encrypted to work with the GP32 you registered for the download.

If you have a commercial game that you bought on SMC format that game will work on any GP32. However, the game will work only with the original SMC since it was encrypted for that particular SMC.

Summing up:

Commercial games
joygp -> works on any SMC but only in one GP32
SMC -> works on any GP32 but only in one SMC

EDIT: the post above was written while I was writing my post :)

The light kit is getting status of an urbal legend already. I have sent e-mails to Hanaho (or hahaho or nanaho or whatever) and never got a reply back.
I would say forget about a light like that for a while - unfortunately.
On the other hand a light kit might be so expensive that you can buy your joygp games all over again for the same price. <_<

i bought moviepark via joygp and then my gp32 developed a fault so i sent it back. i registered my new gp32 and the guys at joygp were only to happy to change the encoding of moviepark so it would work with my new gp32. they didn't cahrge me a penny. i assume they'd do the same fro games downloaded from jogp.

Back