Will the battery last a week out of the Pandora?

It must be the Pandora. I got two batteries and the first one (in the Pandora) was flat when it arrived. With the Pandora off and the battery in it goes down by 25% in 15 hours. What's a real pain is it only charges from USB, but on my Windows PC it will stop charging when it gets to 100%, but won't start again. So if I leave it charging on my computer it will actually go flat (my work Linux machine doesn't do this).

It must be the Pandora. I got two batteries and the first one (in the Pandora) was flat when it arrived. With the Pandora off and the battery in it goes down by 25% in 15 hours. What's a real pain is it only charges from USB, but on my Windows PC it will stop charging when it gets to 100%, but won't start again. So if I leave it charging on my computer it will actually go flat (my work Linux machine doesn't do this).

You aren't trying to charge the Pandora while it's off, are you? You can't charge the Pandora while it's off. If you try to, it turns itself on automatically. The best way to charge the battery is to put the Pandora in powersaving mode (flick the switch while it's on).

Other than that, it does sound like something's up with your Pandora. Either that, or it wasn't turned off properly when it was shipped to you. Maybe you should send it back and figure out what the problem is. If you don't feel like doing that, you can remove the battery whenever you're not using it for extended periods. Remember that it's best not to leave the battery fully charged if you aren't going to use it for a long time (it's recommended to discharge to 40%).

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes definitely the Pandora. I received 2 at the same time; one loses charge at a rate of knots like yours. The other stays charged up for ages like it should- and they behave in the same way if the batteries are swapped over. At the moment the 2nd one is misbehaving though, it repeatedly starts every 20 mins or so showing the boot up screen then switches itself off, but doesn't recharge. Possibly its battery has discharged too far, I need to try charging it up in the other unit.

Back