Will This Adapter Work?

I think everyone's sick of answering this question. Search the forum. I'm pretty sure I remember one from just a few days ago.

I don't need you calling me a cheap ass. If I could afford the official adapter i wouldn't be spending all this time searching the forums for info I clearly can't find and noone is willing to help me with. I just wanted to know wether or not this adapter would be compatable or not

Bah I will just buy it and hope it works.

I would love to help you, but I don't know. I've been looking for a cheap alternative also (although I've been too lazy to actually look for one, so far my rechargable batteries have worked fine).

Shikaku posted on Jul 23 2006 at 09:17 PM said:
Just buy the official adapter you cheap ass...

It will be a lot safer at and $25 isn't a lot.

Shut up. It's not very nice to call people a "cheap ass" out of the blue, while he could of used the search function, he was asking a legitimate question. And oh yeah, that adapter probably would work, just make sure it's regulated and that it has the right connector.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought so many hajji-garbage AC adapters that had the right specs and sometimes they just don't work. I don't know why, so I'm just gonna get the official one myself.

JyuOH posted on Jul 23 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
Well i'm trying to find a cheap ac adapter that will work with the gp2x but i'm not sure exactly what type i need, any insight would be really great! thanks in advance.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search
NO!

The info is here, may not be able to find it of course ;), but what you need is a Regulated power supply.

This doesn't say that word anywhere, don't trust it.

There must be one of these threads for every day in the month, and also the information is on the Wiki, on the back of the gp2x, and in the user manual.

Is that not enough?

If you can't be bothered to read the information available to you, just buy the official adaptor.

Secondly, are you really willing to blow up a $150 piece of equipment just for the sake of $20 ?

Dam, I assumed it was regulated lol. Oh well Maybe i can use i for my cd player or something -_-

JyuOH posted on Jul 24 2006 at 10:21 AM said:
Dam, I assumed it was regulated lol. Oh well Maybe i can use i for my cd player or something -_-

Never assume. It just makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'. :lol:

lol yea i learned my lesson, i ordered useless adapter and it wont even work for what i need it to work with. -_- Well I did get 4 2700MAH batteries so hopefully those keep me doing fine untill i can get some more money.

JyuOH posted on Jul 24 2006 at 05:54 PM said:
lol yea i learned my lesson, i ordered useless adapter and it wont even work for what i need it to work with. -_- Well I did get 4 2700MAH batteries so hopefully those keep me doing fine untill i can get some more money.

Did you get a charger for them too?

haha yea i got a charger, going to be painful though. I dunno how i'm going to deal with waiting for my batteries to charge befor i can use them for the first time. I'ma be looking at a blank gp screen for hours untill i can first use it ^_^

Back