Win2X : Alternative Frontend

JayWhite said:
Cool!

By any chance might we see a Win2x embedded flash player, movie player and music player?
I would very much like to do it,but as I have already said,there are business that will keep me off home for some time and then back again and go on...so I will eventually do it but it will be a slow process.

Last edited by a moderator:
chp said:
JayWhite said:
Cool!

By any chance might we see a Win2x embedded flash player, movie player and music player?
I would very much like to do it,but as I have already said,there are business that will keep me off home for some time and then back again and go on...so I will eventually do it but it will be a slow process.

That I completely understand. Work work work! I'd be working today except there's snow snow snow and more snow here in Utah, so another snow day off it is. I'm going to try to get some more done on the skin I'm working on.

JayWhite said:
That I completely understand. Work work work! I'd be working today except there's snow snow snow and more snow here in Utah, so another snow day off it is. I'm going to try to get some more done on the skin I'm working on.
That is nice...I wish to snow here aswell but...Anyway I like your skinning.Please keep up with and I'll be glad to embed any skin created,to improve Win2X's visual appearance.Unfortunately I'm not a designer and my graphics have been very basic..

chp said:
JayWhite said:
That is nice...I wish to snow here aswell but...Anyway I like your skinning.Please keep up with and I'll be glad to embed any skin created,to improve Win2X's visual appearance.Unfortunately I'm not a designer and my graphics have been very basic..

Snow is good, snow is nice, but when there's too much, about five feet, it's a little rough outside. It's still snowing!

I'm not a designer either.... :ph34r: :D

JayWhite said:
Snow is good, snow is nice, but when there's too much, about five feet, it's a little rough outside. It's still snowing!

Well...yes.But it is easier to design,when you don't have to code and design in the same time.

chp said:
JayWhite said:

Well...yes.But it is easier to design,when you don't have to code and design in the same time.

I wish I knew how to code. What kind of coding is it anyway? I wouldn't mind learning some from the internet..

All in all, the coding and the designing could be awesome!

JayWhite said:
I wish I knew how to code. What kind of coding is it anyway? I wouldn't mind learning some from the internet..

All in all, the coding and the designing could be awesome!
I'm coding in C++.There are some toolchains for the WIZ you can download(depending on your OS-Windows,linux) that support C++.It'll be tricky if you
haven't coded before but there are many tutorials and references on everything you wish to do.

chp said:
JayWhite said:

but i`m ;).After 8h with photoshop and others i go home, and work with win2x interface.I think that is sick ;)

rorque said:
chp said:
JayWhite said:

but i`m ;) .After 8h with photoshop and others i go home, and work with win2x interface.I think that is sick ;)
Believe me it isn't....I've been coding on Win2X for over 13 hours in a day...that is sick...

chp said:
rorque said:
chp said:
JayWhite said:

but i`m ;) .After 8h with photoshop and others i go home, and work with win2x interface.I think that is sick ;)
Believe me it isn't....I've been coding on Win2X for over 13 hours in a day...that is sick...

Youch! There isn't a program for C++ to make it easier?

JayWhite said:
"IMAGE"

My thoughts, yet I hope my changes don't offend..

I deleted some stuff from the log in screen, and changed some things.

~Spiced up the original background.
~Made the icon display bigger yet did a cheesy(eh) border for it that's going to change.

Still working on this, as I'm not completely satisfied.. 'just a w.i.p.'

Loved the desing , and sony's logon screen was soooooooooooooo nice , care to make me one darkish looking ( that goes ) with http://otterwolf.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/link-zelda.jpg and the name "DarkShadowSwE" ? , pretty plz , :D

DarkShadowSwE said:
JayWhite said:
"IMAGE"

~Made the icon display bigger yet did a cheesy(eh) border for it that's going to change.

Loved the desing , and sony's logon screen was soooooooooooooo nice , care to make me one darkish looking ( that goes ) with http://otterwolf.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/link-zelda.jpg and the name "DarkShadowSwE" ? , pretty plz , :D

Sure can. I will work on it shortly.

Update:
DarkShadowSwElogon.jpg

Thanks for the update, and implementing/fixing the items I listed on an earlier post:

Neil L said:
1. The links in the Applications/Emulators etc. windows are alphabetically arranged by the name of the .gpe not the 'Link text' name. (Could this be changed? and maybe the desktop arranged alphabetically?)
2. In the above windows sometimes the link names (on the icons if 9 letters long) overlaps the edges of the window.
3. Also in the above windows could the link name box in the bottom of the window be made smaller (as we're limited to 9 letters), so the description box could be made wider (so the letter limit could be increased to fill this box)
4. Sometimes in the explorer window the page number (eg. 17/17) overlaps the arrow icon, and could the blue marker (in the scroll bar) and the page numbers be added to the Applications/Emulators etc. windows?
5. Occasionally the clock (if set to 12 Hr) hangs off the right side of the screen.
6. On the Select icon../Delete link etc. menu the blue box you move up and down needs to be a touch wider. (As it overlaps on 'Link Description')
7. I also brought this up on an earlier post: If an icon is selected on the desktop and you press the X button could the description pop up on a bar above the bottom bar? (As some things are hard to guess what they are, with the 9 letter name limit)

1. I know you never had time for this on this update, no worries.
2. It still does this, could the window be made a touch wider?
3. Thanks for fixing this, but could the description be made longer? (to fit the width of the box)
4. Overlapping page numbers fixed, will the blue marker/page numbers be added to the other windows on the next update?
5. Fixed, thank you.
6. Another one fixed, Thanks again.
7. Excellent job on this one, but could the icons be moved down a touch so the description pop up doesn't overlap them?

Cheers. Neil :)

A couple of other little things:
8. Could the box around the chosen icon in the game/emulators etc. windows be made a bit bigger? (like the desktop one)
9. Could a & be added to the keyboard? or maybe this could replace the ;

Off topic:

My WiZarD :lol:

WiZarD.jpg

Meet Zeus!! He's a desert spiny lizard. AKA Sceloporus Magister!

Yes, I still have the original 'eh screen protector'. Ugh lol

I am having a small issue. Everything works fine, but my spectrum emulator, when launching from win2x just gives a black screen. If I bring up the main firmware and launch it, it works, and then if I quite, win2x comes up, and if I try to launch it from win2x, it then works. But if I switch it off, then back on and straight into win2x, the black screen problem. Any ideas. I am using gp2xpectrumWiz 1.8

James Hall said:
I am having a small issue. Everything works fine, but my spectrum emulator, when launching from win2x just gives a black screen. If I bring up the main firmware and launch it, it works, and then if I quite, win2x comes up, and if I try to launch it from win2x, it then works. But if I switch it off, then back on and straight into win2x, the black screen problem. Any ideas. I am using gp2xpectrumWiz 1.8
GP2Xpectrum is one of the few software that do not work directly with Win2X.I'm aware of this and already making tests to solve this.

Neil L said:
Thanks for the update, and implementing/fixing the items I listed on an earlier post:
1. I know you never had time for this on this update, no worries.
2. It still does this, could the window be made a touch wider?
3. Thanks for fixing this, but could the description be made longer? (to fit the width of the box)
4. Overlapping page numbers fixed, will the blue marker/page numbers be added to the other windows on the next update?
5. Fixed, thank you.
6. Another one fixed, Thanks again.
7. Excellent job on this one, but could the icons be moved down a touch so the description pop up doesn't overlap them?
Cheers. Neil :)
A couple of other little things:
8. Could the box around the chosen icon in the game/emulators etc. windows be made a bit bigger? (like the desktop one)
9. Could a & be added to the keyboard? or maybe this could replace the ;
Thanks Neil!
2.I will fix it.
4.I will add it.
8.Yes it will be.
9.That one too.

JayWhite said:
DarkShadowSwE said:
JayWhite said:
"IMAGE"

Update:
IMAGE​

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet , looks just awsome , thanks a lot mate , ^.^

DarkShadowSwE said:
JayWhite said:
DarkShadowSwE said:
JayWhite said:
"IMAGE"

Update:
IMAGE​

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet , looks just awsome , thanks a lot mate , ^.^

If you have any problems editing it to install it and installing it let me know.

Hey JayWhite, what software do you use to make the new loading screens and such? They look pretty good.

Back