Win2X : Alternative Frontend

fett42 said:
Hey JayWhite, what software do you use to make the new loading screens and such? They look pretty good.

The one and only PS.

Last edited by a moderator:
chp, I designed a keyboard. I can change the color of it to any color.

My thoughts behind it is, since your keyboard doesn't have every key, that I would think of something that'll work. Mine's just different.

All lower case keys are on the default keyboard screen. Including number keys and even the symbol keys.

LowercaseKB.png

I took out the delete button that was used with the L button, and placed it in the keyboard keys next to M.
I replaced the L button to hopefully to have it act as 'shift' when pressed.
Also when pressed, a new png keyboard image comes up(below), and is capable of inputting the 'shift 8' which would be *, while shift(L button) is being held. Once L is released, the keyboard goes back to lower case and inputs the lowercase keys. Or, it could be press L Shift activates, press L again, shift deactivates, while changing images and inputs.

CapsKB.png

I sure wish I knew C++, cuz this seems pretty darn good!

I didn't relocate the input box where the text goes once typed. I might just need to make it darker since the base font color is white.

Any thoughts? Anyone? On any of it? Include! I wanna help Win2X improve!

JayWhite said:
chp, I designed a keyboard. I can change the color of it to any color.

My thoughts behind it is, since your keyboard doesn't have every key, that I would think of something that'll work. Mine's just different.

All lower case keys are on the default keyboard screen. Including number keys and even the symbol keys.

LowercaseKB.png

I took out the delete button that was used with the L button, and placed it in the keyboard keys next to M.
I replaced the L button to hopefully to have it act as 'shift' when pressed.
Also when pressed, a new png keyboard image comes up(below), and is capable of inputting the 'shift 8' which would be *, while shift(L button) is being held. Once L is released, the keyboard goes back to lower case and inputs the lowercase keys. Or, it could be press L Shift activates, press L again, shift deactivates, while changing images and inputs.

CapsKB.png

I sure wish I knew C++, cuz this seems pretty darn good!

I didn't relocate the input box where the text goes once typed. I might just need to make it darker since the base font color is white.

Any thoughts? Anyone? On any of it? Include! I wanna help Win2X improve!
I like it!My initial keyboard design was a qwerty-one too but I did not like it and changed to its current layout.But your keyboard is very nice.
I will get on coding it into Win2X!Thank you very much for your help and interest to this!
One thing about the color:Could it be on a less metallic color if it's not a bother?Something...more plastic maybe(with a bit of blue in it)?
Ohh...And something more important:Could you move some keys(any of the bottom symbols mainly) and make all the rows
to contain equal keys?I.E each row to have 10 keys.It will much help me in coding...

Yes I can!

One thing I actually want to do is change the { } brackets to ( ). Since I left those out, and i also think they'll be used more than the other brackets...

I'm gonna open PS now.

You mean have all rows have the keys in the same spot? IE like your keyboard?

JayWhite said:
Yes I can!
One thing I actually want to do is change the { } brackets to ( ). Since I left those out, and i also think they'll be used more than the other brackets...
I'm gonna open PS now.
Yes you are right about the "( )" because they are more important.No,they do not have to be vertical aligned just to have the same number of keys
in each row.I.E check this to help you:

1234567890 (10)
qwertyuiop (10)
asdfghjkl; (10)
zxcvbnm,./ (10)

Will do.

How's this? I can modify it quickly, but this was quick. Let me know what you think, I'm gonna get on with the keys!

KBtest.png

JayWhite said:
If you have any problems editing it to install it and installing it let me know.

Nah , works just fine , nothing paint ( + GIMP to make a transperant image to replace the "admin" login picture ) cant fix after 5 minutes of work , cheers a lot , ^.^

DarkShadowSwE said:
JayWhite said:
If you have any problems editing it to install it and installing it let me know.

Nah , works just fine , nothing paint ( + GIMP to make a transperant image to replace the "admin" login picture ) cant fix after 5 minutes of work , cheers a lot , ^.^
Can't or can? I'm sure you got it! You can make a donation to my paypal if you'd like. :lol:

JayWhite said:
Will do.

How's this? I can modify it quickly, but this was quick. Let me know what you think, I'm gonna get on with the keys!

KBtest.png
Very nice!Keep on with...

chp said:
JayWhite said:
Yes I can!
I'm gonna open PS now.
Yes you are right about the "( )" because they are more important.No,they do not have to be vertical aligned just to have the same number of keys
in each row.I.E check this to help you:

1234567890 (10)
qwertyuiop (10)
asdfghjkl; (10)
zxcvbnm,./ (10)

47 keys. Including the delete key, 48 keys.
Five rows of ten is 50 keys. I need one more key, or else it'll be left without 8 keys or with having a row of nine.

If you don't think the others are all that important, then I'll just leave them out and use the ones you suggested.

Still need a spot for the delete key though.

Or, I could just put some kinda image in a dead key to fill the void. Win2X logo?

JayWhite said:
Five rows of ten is 50 keys. I need one more key, or else it'll be left without 8 keys or with having a row of nine.

If you don't think the others are all that important, then I'll just leave them out and use the ones you suggested.

Or, I could just put some kinda image in a dead key to fill the void. Win2X logo?
I think that the brackets are used more often.
You could remove the delete key of the main keyboard area and place it to the top(next to space).That would make it more comfortable to me as it
is a non-character key.

chp said:
JayWhite said:

I think that the brackets are used more often.
You could remove the delete key of the main keyboard area and place it to the top(next to space).That would make it more comfortable to me as it
is a non-character key.

What size do you want the key? The same as the others so that the key selector matches?

I'm understanding some of it, just not all of it
amused.gif

A qwerty keyboard would be better.

The only keys I would use are:
0-9
a-z (upper & lower case)
( ) . , : & - ! ' _ /

But I'm struggling for space as a lot of my (long) game descriptions can't be typed in full, because it stops me from typing further than 3/4 of the way across the text box (above the keyboard)
There's plenty of room left in this box, the description box at the bottom of the (emulators/games etc) window and in the drop down description on the desktop (but why won't it let me type this many letters?)

Cheers, Neil

JayWhite said:
What size do you want the key? The same as the others so that the key selector matches?

amused.gif
You can use any size you want.I will then make all the required adjustments.

chp said:
JayWhite said:

amused.gif

LCKB.png

CLKB.png

I loaded the graphic on my WiZ, the blue doesn't look so good, but black letters look better than white on the buttons. Not so bad in the text box.

The delete button caught my eye where it is now. Which doesn't look bad.

I'm gonna work on the blues for now. All the key frames and button frames I'm not gonna mess with unless you want me to.

Let me know!

The key selector box needs to be 22x22 pixels. I hope this isn't a hard task.

JayWhite said:
chp said:
JayWhite said:

amused.gif

LCKB.png

CLKB.png

I loaded the graphic on my WiZ, the blue doesn't look so good, but black letters look better than white on the buttons. Not so bad in the text box.

I'm gonna work on the blues for now. All the key frames and button frames I'm not gonna mess with unless you want me to.

Let me know!

Love the keyboard but the font is a bit meh imo. I'd rather have something a bit more sterile.

JayWhite said:

Let me know!

Very beautiful and I like the position of the backspace.I agree with you that the blue needs some fix up but all in all,the keybaord layout is perfect!Not at all.22x22 would be just fine.

Neil L said:
A qwerty keyboard would be better.

The only keys I would use are:
0-9
a-z (upper & lower case)
( ) . , : & - ! ' _ /

But I'm struggling for space as a lot of my (long) game descriptions can't be typed in full, because it stops me from typing further than 3/4 of the way across the text box (above the keyboard)
There's plenty of room left in this box, the description box at the bottom of the (emulators/games etc) window and in the drop down description on the desktop (but why won't it let me type this many letters?)

Cheers, Neil
NeilL,I'm considering about your request and I just want to know...About how many characters do you want to use in a description?The 3/4 is relative.You can try to fill all the text box with 'W'(or any other long capital letter) and see the results.Anyway, I will try and add more space.

Back