Win95 On Caanoo ?

Probably, but there's precious little that'd be worth running at the abysmal speeds it'd accomplish. Don't be fooled by the video, it's clearly sped up, look at how fast the guy moves his hand in the middle.

Ingo Reis was able to make qemu run age of empires/win95 on pandora see here, if you can read german.
I doubt, this will ever be possible on a caanoo. But maybe some very talented coders(and here are some, even in this thread), could make qemu a dosbox alternative. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Exophase said:
Don't be fooled by the video, it's clearly sped up, look at how fast the guy moves his hand in the middle.

I don't think they were trying to fool anyone. At the beginning of the video you see a fast forward icon appear along with a '5x'.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what you need Windows on caanoo? i thing windows will blows any ones balls like PSP...

Rikku2000 said:
For what you need Windows on caanoo? i thing windows will blows any ones balls like PSP...
Probably for running certain applications that are only available for Windows.
Although to think about it, even if this can be done on the caanoo, everything will most likely run as slow as a... white guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have allready try windows 3.11 on dingoo and it only show me the bootscreen after login dingoo reboot

okey i have a moddet windows used in a windows XP style...

stylewin.jpg

arg... dosbox try to emulate an PC the CAANOO are to slow to Emulate an good PC Intel Procesor maybe Caanoo can handle an 386 or an 486_slow only... for 3D things Caanoo will die...

Back