Windows 11

At least my GNU/Linux system improves the more I tinker with it. A Windows system just gets more bloated the more MS screws you over. Also, tinkering still is more fun than getting screwed by M$. And with GNU/Linux one can also use something like Ubuntu with some DE which normally requires no tinkering. Although then the system will not be as good, though it will still be vastly superior to Windows.

Linux is great for tinkerers and for servers but I just have no nerves for that, not for command line orgies and not for compromises. Sometimes it's often the little things like missing proper HW acceleration, like in Firefox at the moment and their endless "Webrender" mess under Linux is a good (bad) example. It works perfectly under Win10 in my case. Linux has improved over the years but there are just to many different distros, everyone does stuff differently, it's a mess nobody has an real overview. Gaming Performance has improved too but usually, games still run better and especially more easy under Windows. Where the driver situation again kicks in of course.
I'm just to old to mess around with my OS the whole day.

Gaming on GNU/Linux has improved the last few years. E.g. SuperTux2 released the second world and SuperTuxKart now supports online racing against other people. What more could a gamers ask for? There are even libre sollitaire applications available!

Gaming on GNU/Linux has improved the last few years. E.g. SuperTux2 released the second world and SuperTuxKart now supports online racing against other people. What more could a gamers ask for? There are even libre sollitaire applications available!
Uh...OK. o_O
Well, I don't play much anymore but Overwatch has to run, no compromises there for me. I know Blizzard does not support it for Mac OS, even if Diablo 3 does run there, no clue about Linux support. That's the benefit of all these Windows Handheld Devices: it usually runs like on your Desktop PC, not much tinkering with drivers or compatibilities. And there are many (expensive) Win10 based (China) Handheld devices out there. I guess the "mobile" support for such kind of devices will improve even more with Win 11.
(I still do not plan to upgrade to Win11 that soon, simply because I don't have any TPM module in my PC).

Screenshot_20210717_151326.jpeg

Some Japanese guy got the beta version on floppy. He's making an installation video, but I fell asleep a quarter way through.

Back