Windows 8 on Pandora?

You do realize that none of the windows applications on the desktop would run on this, right? This could enable windows mobile applications.

But yeah, it's a bit too early to know.

It has to be Windows, otherwise it's not cool.

I think it won't, I'm guessing that MS will put fourth very strict guidelines that a hardware platform has to follow to be able to run this new OS. Also, it is a year away, more when you consider that it is MS making it, by that time dual core ARM chips will be more common and I bet that is one of the requirements to run the new OS.

Finally MS is starting over, they should have done this sooner. I hope this is an entirely new OS made from scratch, they're loosing market share to every company on the planet and it is in part due to their legacy code that they can't seem to get rid of.

I hope this is an entirely new OS made from scratch, they're loosing market share to every company on the planet and it is in part due to their legacy code that they can't seem to get rid of.
Yes indeed. I have no idea if they are actually doing this as I haven't used any windows version after XP, but you would think they would just sandbox the legacy code in a virtual environment and move on. On the other hand, compatibility with old legacy stuff is about the only thing windows has going for it.

7:40PM Now Mike is showing the ARM version. "This is running live, this is Windows running natively on ARM." Of course, your applications WON'T work on the ARM system.

7:40PM Microsoft is actually touting compatibility with Windows applications as a feature. "All of that is working today." This is on the Intel x86 system. So your Windows applications will work on a Windows PC -- pretty cool right?

all i needed to hear, although not surprising, very boo <_<

I just saw this on Engaget. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? Netflix? WOW? The suspense is killing me! I know we probably don't know yet, but still! This is really big news! Or am I getting excited about nothing? :mellow:

It might have the minerals, but it requires more vespene gas.

Back