Windows 95 Emulation

Clad said:
Ok.

grim fandango could be possible.
That being said, it won't.

Grim could be possible with a port of Residual (the GrimE ScummVM project)

though I think it still has issues

Last edited by a moderator:
is that directed at me or the author?

I know he asking about the Pandora. I guess my point is that its possible to run on Pandora, but probally will be too slow to do much. I just didnt say it.

froz108 said:
Clad said:
Ok.

grim fandango could be possible.
That being said, it won't.

Grim could be possible with a port of Residual (the GrimE ScummVM project)

though I think it still has issues

I did a google search on it and yes its still in early development, it needs opengl to run more succesfully then software rendering (which is a good thing) & theres a linux build for it.

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Residual

Yeah, at this point "Emualtion" and "Slow" should go hand and hand.

Wouldn't Win 95 Emulators just be a DOS Emulator? To play stuff that requires Win 95 means it requires Dos, Just use Dosbox?

javaJake said:
I know you can't compare processors, but the Pandora's CPU must be at least greater than a 133 MHz x86 processor? Tell me if I'm wrong. :)
Porting software that requires a 133Mhz Pentium, or emulating a PC containing a 133Mhz Pentium to run the software? That later isn't going to happen.

Well maybe if we ask Lucas Arts to release the source ? We'd have to be very persuasive tho.

Please Lucas Arts ? Pretty please ? Pretty please with a sugar on the top ?

i once ran win95 on a 486 at 50 Mhz, that's not the problem, but what games would run? It wouldn't be worth the effort :p

Clad said:
Well maybe if we ask Lucas Arts to release the source ? We'd have to be very persuasive tho.

Please Lucas Arts ? Pretty please ? Pretty please with a sugar on the top ?
grim fandango, Sam and max, Day of the tentacle, Full throttle, all still being sold. I don't think a source of these games will ever be released to be honest with you. Just got that feeling.

IF windows 95 could be gotten to work, We could boot into windows, Open a dos prompt and run the games from there.

Sorted. :rolleyes:

@ Clad and Josheh, Sam and max, Day of the tentacle, Full throttle and loads of others except Grim fandango are supported in ScummVM. All we need is to ask that great guy DJWills if he is willing to have a go at porting his GP2x port of ScummVM to the pandora.

Trooper

trooper said:
All we need is to ask that great guy DJWills if he is willing to have a go at porting his GP2x port of ScummVM to the pandora.

Trooper
I hope he is. I need something that can play Sam and Max without speech lag. My Sony clie TH55 is not quite up to the job although it's fine for the other talkies. Loom, Monkey Island 2 etc

Back