Windows Explorer Acting Funny..(windows Folders)

T

Thomas Dequinas

As some of you might know I had some spyware just removed and for some reason whenever I try and open a folder normally in windows explorer, it will open up a new window. Now I checked the folder options and I have it set to open in the same window and not a separate one.

This was acting fine until yesterday. There's gotta be something I've missed but it doesn't make sense since all my settings look fine and the same as it always had.

Hopefully somebody knows the solution to this, I'll be very grateful for any help B)!

Thanks, I'll be trying that. I had thought somewhere also that some of my settings could have been reset (even some normal programs mess with your settings, some old PC games reset mouse and keyboard settings) but it could be a part of something strange I had gotten last week as you've mentioned.

I'll also try and use HijackThis again and see if I come across anything strange or unfamiliar.

I'm pretty sure there's gotta be a way to do this in windows, a minor problem like this, I'll double check and see if I've skipped over anything but I know for sure I have it set so the folders open in the same window.., well I'll do some scans tomorrow and see what I find.

Try the 'Make all folders like this' after resetting the 'open in new window'

Also look in Folder Options->File Types, find 'Folder' and then click 'Edit' to set up it's default action

search for spyware doctor. you can find a version of it which isn't commercial somewhere (no, I don't mean p2p)

Back