Windows Osx Network

speedmike

I'm gonna turn it back and run it again
Website
www.zanman.com
Alright I have a imac and an emachines amd 64 laptop sitting next to each other on a wireless lan. my laptop has win xp pro installed on it. Now, I use the osx 10.3 imac as a file server and both are on the same domain. My laptop can see my imac just fine, but my imac doesn't see my laptop. Now I have 2 problems: it would be fine if my laptop could see all of my imac, but it can't because it can only see shit in the ummm i don't know what it call it the file that looks like a house the user file? I could put everything in there but osx on my imac needs to be installed in a 8 gb partition and the rest is on another partition so there in't enough space to copy the files i want over. so I have a 8 gb partition for osx and a 70 gb partition for files. Now get this! My roomate has a toshiba laptop on the same domain and network with win home ed on it and I can see all his files and everything from my imac. I don't know what the problem is..... is it because I installed xp pro on my laptop?
This setup worked fine last year but i think i had xp home ed installed on it. I don't want to be an ass and transfer stuff to my roomates laptop and then to mine... although it is tempting.

Thanks for your help!

Back