Windows Xp Not Detecting Device At All.

lordbean

Still Fresh
Hello. My girlfriend just bought me a GP2X for my birthday. an I was quite surprised, as I had/have no idea what it even was/is.
When i tried just hooking it up to my pc. Windows will not recognze it at all. I tried the USB monitor they recommend on the site. Still no success. It did not come with an SD card. but does say that you can jsut connect an transfer files, which I assume is much slower. But sicne it isn't connecting at all. Does it require an SD card in it for windows to even recognize it? Any help would be much appreciated. As I've read around the board an nothing I;'ve found seems to have helped.

Thanks in advance.

Would tyhat solve the Issue of windows not detecting the device? Or would it jsut bypass that process all together.

It would bypass the process. As of right now, getting XP to detect it, even with an SD card inside is....difficult. Honestly, it's much easier just to use a card reader, and fairly cheap, too.

at the moment you cant do anything without a sd card, through in the next firmware version you will be able to transfer stuff to the nand,

Buy a Sd card reader when you'll buy your Sd card.
This is, for the moment, the easiest way to have things working.
Even if it was possible, I'll void to write things on the Nand if it's not necessary (or done, because needed, by a program.)

ah, ok, so jsut pop the card in, an dag an drop files after formate, an updating the firmware of the device? does that include the games? Or is there jsut a built in list in the device. Or is it like, you drag the emulator an roms onto it. Sorry if this sounds really n00bish, but thier sitee doesn't really give much info.

Just drag and drop. For firmware updates, you'd better check the GP2X website (Then you can't sue us when something goes wrong :))

We all where noobs once... :) A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away ;)

Back