Windows Xp Themes

Aero is actually a new window compositing engine, you won't get the same effects in XP. All the same, yes I bet someone has made a Aero skin for Windows XP. You can apply skins using either the uxtheme.dll hack or software like WindowsBlinds or ThemeXP.

If you want something simple but clean and interesting, use this.

It's what comes with Windows MCE, and it is redesigned glassy windows and start bar, scrumptious

That theme muffed up my laptop.

Draco posted on Feb 9 2007 at 03:49 PM said:
Thanks for that link, these guys have put together a really professional theme that has a very low impact but maximum visuals. And finally an object doc that works correctly. Totally awesome :)

All my PC's have it now!

Last edited by a moderator:
But is it possible to revert back to normal Windows themes afterwards, for any reason?

Nova posted on Feb 15 2007 at 11:35 AM said:
But is it possible to revert back to normal Windows themes afterwards, for any reason?
Yes it is. Most of what it does is update DLLs, which has no impact in speed as they are simply what XP uses anyway, and as long as you use the programs install and not go doing stoopid hacking around like other might, you will be fine.

sam fisher posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:43 PM said:
I hear it leaves your PC crippled after.
You heard wrong, I already tried that on my laptop and it restored everything back to normal. But I love this thing so much I reinstalled it again anyway.

Peter you are soo negative sometimes. Installing IE7 can screw things up, Installing Yahoo Messenger can screw things up, Installing Firefox can screw things up.

Go figure....

Nova give it a go, it's really nice. You can turn on and off anything that might effect performance.

Installing Windows can screw things up.

Oh, and the use of "effect" is incorrect in that context, unless you meant to bring about performance. [/pedant]

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 15 2007 at 02:51 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:43 PM said:
I hear it leaves your PC crippled after.
You heard wrong, I already tried that on my laptop and it restored everything back to normal. But I love this thing so much I reinstalled it again anyway.

Peter you are soo negative sometimes. Installing IE7 can screw things up, Installing Yahoo Messenger can screw things up, Installing Firefox can screw things up.

Who's Peter?

nickspoon posted on Feb 15 2007 at 09:04 PM said:
Installing Windows can screw things up.

Oh, and the use of "effect" is incorrect in that context, unless you meant to bring about performance. [/pedant]
No it isn't, I used the term "effect" in the correct context. I said, and I quote: "Anything that might effect performance"; To effect anything means in it's basic form to change, alter or to produce a result, in this context it means to degrade or increase performance. And that is obvious taken into the consideration the context of how I used the word "effect".

Anyway, enough of the lack of understanding of the English language, and the obvious anti-Windows fanboyism.

Try and be constructive next time okey dokey.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 15 2007 at 09:32 PM said:
Who's Peter?
Peter is Sam's real name.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 15 2007 at 04:37 PM said:
Who's Peter?

... don't you think it's inappropriate, at the very least, to use someone's real name on a public forum?

TelcoLou posted on Feb 15 2007 at 02:50 PM said:
Who's Peter?

... don't you think it's inappropriate, at the very least, to use someone's real name on a public forum?
I don't know about this one, but on the local music scene board that I co-admin it's not unusual for people to refer to me by my first name. A lot of those people know me personally, though, so I guess it's a little different.

Ravnos posted on Feb 15 2007 at 04:52 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 15 2007 at 02:50 PM said:
Who's Peter?

I don't know about this one, but on the local music scene board that I co-admin it's not unusual for people to refer to me by my first name. A lot of those people know me personally, though, so I guess it's a little different.

Right. I'm of the belief that if someone wanted their real name used, they would have entered it as their screen name. But what the hell do I know anyway? :p

TelcoLou posted on Feb 15 2007 at 09:50 PM said:
Who's Peter?

Well concidering he already told us his real name in another thread, no!
What thread? The thread a while back that asked us "What's our real names?"

Edit: Also, Peter and I often refer to each other by our real names so....

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 15 2007 at 05:06 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 15 2007 at 09:50 PM said:
Who's Peter?

Well concidering he already told us his real name in another thread, no!
What thread? The thread a while back that asked us "What's our real names?"

Edit: Also, Peter and I often refer to each other by our real names so....

... the suspension of anonymity is dissolved when real names are used in lieu of screen names. I'm anti-social, so perhaps I'm a bit skewed on this subject. Friends are just lies; baggage and un-needed homework in my overly-congested head ...

... carry on soldiers! :)

Back