Windows Xp Themes

TelcoLou posted on Feb 15 2007 at 03:33 PM said:
... the suspension of anonymity is dissolved when real names are used in lieu of screen names. I'm anti-social, so perhaps I'm a bit skewed on this subject. Friends are just lies; baggage and un-needed homework in my overly-congested head ...

... carry on soldiers! :)
I think the word you want to use here is "illusion".

Also, this is veering the thread way off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 15 2007 at 10:43 PM said:
Just to combat Lou's point....

HAY CALL ME KRIS EVERYBODY

:rolleyes:
Well hello there Mr Kris Everybody :D

Didn't you know someone was going to say that LOL

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 16 2007 at 07:37 AM said:
nickspoon posted on Feb 15 2007 at 09:04 PM said:
Installing Windows can screw things up.

Oh, and the use of "effect" is incorrect in that context, unless you meant to bring about performance. [/pedant]
No it isn't, I used the term "effect" in the correct context. I said, and I quote: "Anything that might effect performance"; To effect anything means in it's basic form to change, alter or to produce a result, in this context it means to degrade or increase performance. And that is obvious taken into the consideration the context of how I used the word "effect".

I love your work Ms Fluffy, but based on your explanation, you still seem to be mistaken. Which is no biggie, really (as evidenced by Mr Spoon's [/pedant] tag), but in the long run you might appreciate it if we clear this up. :)

Verb: effect
1. Produce
2. Act so as to bring into existence

Verb: affect
1. Have an effect upon
2. Act physically on; have an effect upon
3. Connect closely and often incriminatingly
4. Make believe with the intent to deceive
5. Have an emotional or cognitive impact upon

It wasn't until after some years of ordering envelopes and assorted paper goods from a particular supplier that they pointed out to me that the word for the stuff I was ordering was different from the word meaning to "be still": 'stationery' vs 'stationary'. I had no idea there were two words, and I was very glad to find out.

I seek to pass the favour on to you. :D

nickspoon posted on Feb 15 2007 at 09:04 PM said:
Installing Windows can screw things up.

Oh, and the use of "effect" is incorrect in that context, unless you meant to bring about performance. [/pedant]
Should it be "affect", I think it should.

Also I don't really mind my first name being put on the internet. My second on the other hand....

Hi Peter, Hi Kris, Hi Lou, Hi Fluffy.

I like this using first names stuff!

So, yours sincerely

Bertram

lubidog posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:14 PM said:

So, yours sincerely

Bertram

... what makes you think my real name is Lou?

TelcoLou posted on Feb 16 2007 at 12:17 AM said:
lubidog posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:14 PM said:

So, yours sincerely

Bertram

... what makes you think my real name is Lou?

Yeah, sorry my mistake, Terry. I just didn't think, Tel me old mate!

I'm not telling any of you freaks my real name ...

... goddamn stalkers :angry:

TelcoLou posted on Feb 16 2007 at 12:21 AM said:
I'm not telling any of you freaks my real name ...

... goddamn stalkers :angry:

Good plan, Colin...

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:28 PM said:
Bertram? BWAHAHA

*ahem*. Sorry about that.*

*Still laughing

... coming from one whose first name is exactly one-half of the super-hard rap duo, Kris Kross :lol: :lol: :lol:

... see kids, it's NOT a good idea ... you'll get assholes like me making stupid jokes and whatnot.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:31 PM said:
... coming from one whose first name is exactly one-half of the super-hard rap duo, Kris Kross :lol: :lol: :lol:

... see kids, it's NOT a good idea ... you'll get assholes like me making stupid jokes and whatnot.
Im Jewish. AND MY NAME IS KRISTOPHER. WTF?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:32 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 15 2007 at 06:31 PM said:

Im Jewish. AND MY NAME IS KRISTOPHER. WTF?

KRISTOPHER Gender: Masculine

Usage: English

Pronounced: KRIS-to-fur

^ from http://www.behindthename.com/

WTF indeed

What's the appeal of "Themes" anyway? I have XP pre-installed on my Laptop, and I made it looks as much like Win2K as possible; with no transition effects, shadows, that gawd-awful playskool-looking color sceme, etc.

Doesn't all that crap distract you?

... and Mr. Sulu's first name was Hikaru :ph34r:

I got rid of the shit blue/green start bar/button. Now im using the silver option, thus making everything look like a modern win 2k :lol:

The only thing still 'play skool' color is the start button. But I can deal.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 16 2007 at 12:18 AM said:
What's the appeal of "Themes" anyway? I have XP pre-installed on my Laptop, and I made it looks as much like Win2K as possible; with no transition effects, shadows, that gawd-awful playskool-looking color sceme, etc.

Doesn't all that crap distract you?
Well for me I hate having the same desktop as everyone else, and I prefer one which is prettier than the boring old MS widgets we have had for years. :rolleyes:

Also, I like having a little launcher that has all my frequently used programs on it. The launcher auto hides as does my taskbar leaving me with the full desktop area to work with. Here's my present desktop:
Desktop.jpg
:)

I once knew a guy called Kristoffer, honest to god, that is what his parents christened him, he was 100% english as well.

No one ever believes this, but at my college there was a lovely little oriental girl called Lee King Cok.

Back