Wishlist Of Mine

noonioo

Still Fresh
thanks for all your guys' efforts of bringing us such a amazing game console. :pandora1:

let me put it in a simple way of my wishlist:

★ a bigger screen, say 5"+;

screen maybe one of the most power-consuming components, since in the current-design modle
has a up to ten hrs power capability, plus:

the idea of this console designing is not just a game machine. I used to be a HP iPaq 4700 user,
its 4" screen (640×480) is far from enough for web application.it's pretty unnatural to view those web application in a 4.3“ frame screen.

so, i think it's worthy to make a comprise to gain a better visual performance.

★ add "L" and "R" bottom as a PSP

this will greatly incrase this console's gaming ability providing the development of emulator .......haha :rolleyes:

ok, that's all. I don't expect these wishes could be part of coming machine(the new machine will be avaliable in months, right?), however, i hope it will be considered in the next model.

thanks all.

you are probably in the wrong forum this goes in general

it does have L and R buttons on the bottom of the backside

and the design is final and there will be no pandora 2 soon

As for now it looks as if the release of the first 4000 units will be somewhere in april and there will be more batches after that, if you want to order you should sign up for the newsletter on openpandora.org

thanks pal,

it's really a pity if this great product can't continue in future.

maybe the development team need more help from those experts such as banker and marketing to promote this great product or it will be replaced by other linux-based competitor.

i have signed for the news letter, thanks again for your suggestions.

noonioo said:
thanks pal,

it's really a pity if this great can't continue in future.
maybe the development team need more help from those experts such as banker and marketing to promote this great product or it will be replaced by other linux-based competitor.

i have signed for the news letter, thanks again for your suggestions.

It will continue into the future there will be more batches and maybe in a couple of years there will be a pandora 2. But for now we 'the community' are willing to make this handheld go into history (as well as the future)

Last edited by a moderator:
noonioo said:
...maybe the development team need more help from those experts such as banker...

Oh my God, keep 'em far away or they really kill Pandora project!
If you are new here, then use search and read first.

peca said:
noonioo said:
...maybe the development team need more help from those experts such as banker...

Oh my God, keep 'em far away or they really kill Pandora project!

actually, i think those bankers you met do not necessary represent all of those potential investor, this simply because different investor have different investment principles on their own. so i what i suggest is you may had met the wrong guys.

im currently working in VC/PE industry, i guess i may provide some useful info about this. :)

im currently working in VC/PE industry, i guess i may provide some useful info about this. :)

Translation : How can I make some money off you guys.

Bosbeetle said:
It will continue into the future there will be more batches and maybe in a couple of years there will be a pandora 2. But for now we 'the community' are willing to make this handheld go into history (as well as the future)
Alternate versions of the Pandora may not be as far off as that. For now, we are 100% focused on getting the Pandora manufactured, tested and shipped. When testing has completed and manufacturing is smoothly under way, these activities will no longer require all of our attention. At that time, we may consider alternate form factors for the platform. This wouldn't be a "Pandora 2". This would be taking the existing board and sticking it in a different case, sort of like what GPH is doing with the Wiz and F300. The new device(s) would be functionally identical to the Pandora, just in a different form factor.

I probably shouldn't be mentioning this at all since you guys will probably run out of control with the idea and no actual work will happen until next year (if it happens at all). However we have to pay for all of the design that went into the board somehow, and expanding into other markets might be a way to do that.

I don't care what the time frame is, you've just spun a perfectly valid, possibly girlfriend proof, excuse for getting a second Pandora sometime in the future.

Felonmarmer said:

Translation : How can I make some money off you guys.

If this does happen I hope you guys would release just the case for those who would already have a Pandora so they could just swap the insides instead of buying a whole new system.

Edit: Replied to the wrong post. Was referring to chip.

I think Chip just means using the OMAP3 technology inside Pandora as designed by me (MJW Designs) for other applications and customers. It won't be a Pandora as you know it anymore. It will just share the core functionality of the kernel and the hardware.

MWeston said:
I think Chip just means using the OMAP3 technology inside Pandora as designed by me (MJW Designs) for other applications and customers. It won't be a Pandora as you know it anymore. It will just share the core functionality of the kernel and the hardware.
Yeah, I didn't mean literally sticking a Pandora board into another case. That would be a bit silly. But we could take what we've learned from making the Pandora and apply that to a new device using the exact same components. From a functionality point of view, it would be a Pandora inside.

Working off of the Pandora would allow us to do another project much cheaper and easier than the Pandora. It's still far from trivial though. It's also far too early to be discussing it in any detail. I just wanted you to know that it is a possibility.

nikkopt said:
sorry about the offtopicness but:

http://www.mjwdesigns.com/

i always knew :p

MJW Designs has been serving the clay sculpting community since 2002. We are headquartered in New Jersey and have clients world-wide.

I, Matthew Wasser, run the company by myself. I am 11 years old nd am in the 5th grade. I do all the sculpting and other clay units

Chip said:
MWeston said:
Yeah, I didn't mean literally sticking a Pandora board into another case. That would be a bit silly. But we could take what we've learned from making the Pandora and apply that to a new device using the exact same components. From a functionality point of view, it would be a Pandora inside.

Working off of the Pandora would allow us to do another project much cheaper and easier than the Pandora. It's still far from trivial though. It's also far too early to be discussing it in any detail. I just wanted you to know that it is a possibility.

What do you think would be the possibility of making one of these theoretical devices into a touchscreen netbook of sorts? You could certainly catch a nice chunk of the business crowd if you gave it a more useful default OS than Xandros.

mali said:
Nice :) Internet Tablet anyone :p
Exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe -- and this is just wet-dream thinking, understand -- just maybe the OpenPandora dudes can carry enough weight to get PhatWare to sell them an OEM Linux version of PenOffice HWR.

From my conversations with the company I understand they do have a Linux version, but won't release it as GA software. I know Nokia never bothered to contact them, because Nokia doesn't care about HWR (anymore).

noonioo said:
I used to be a HP iPaq 4700 user,
its 4" screen (640×480) is far from enough for web application.it's pretty unnatural to view those web application in a 4.3“ frame screen.
That is also part in due to the fact that Winblows Mobile never has the correct DPI settings, and 320x240 was ~-/practically/-~ hard coded into the OS.

Running Linux on the hx4700, with the correct DPI and comfortable font size, is actually very readable.

Overall fact: You're never going to be able to cram enough pixels in there which are comfortably viewable and in a handheld form factor. I'd still say, the Pandora is as close as we'll get for a while.

Back