Wishlist Of Mine

AireTamStorm said:
Overall fact: You're never going to be able to cram enough pixels in there which are comfortably viewable and in a handheld form factor. I'd still say, the Pandora is as close as we'll get for a while.

I have a N800 (should be the same display dimensions as the :pandora1: ), and while I love the display on it, and 800 pixels is wide enough to do real web browsing in, I'm always ticked off at the giant font sizes hardcoded into the OS. I like small fonts and lots of text onscreen at once. What's the point of having lots of pixels if you just have giant text wasting them all? 8 to 10 pixel tall text is perfectly readable on the N800's screen. I presume the Pandora, especially in full Linux desktop mode, will have full configurability with fonts and widget size to allow a nice dense UI.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to internet tablet - but make it with as few external controls as possible. Just the screen, an on/off button and a slew of expansion ports.

No camera, no speakers, not a single thing that can be easily added as a peripheral.

Please?

Pretty Please?

jdh2550 said:
Just the screen, an on/off button and a slew of expansion ports. No camera, no speakers, not a single thing that can be easily added as a peripheral.

What, you like walking around with a whole bag full of little bits & bobs, cables, batteries, and chargers? No tactile feedback on the device itself? No thanks!

Chip said:
MWeston said:
I think Chip just means using the OMAP3 technology inside Pandora as designed by me (MJW Designs) for other applications and customers. It won't be a Pandora as you know it anymore. It will just share the core functionality of the kernel and the hardware.
Yeah, I didn't mean literally sticking a Pandora board into another case. That would be a bit silly. But we could take what we've learned from making the Pandora and apply that to a new device using the exact same components. From a functionality point of view, it would be a Pandora inside.

Working off of the Pandora would allow us to do another project much cheaper and easier than the Pandora. It's still far from trivial though. It's also far too early to be discussing it in any detail. I just wanted you to know that it is a possibility.
Sounds like a great idea, I wish you guys luck with that. I'd like to see more Pandora related products though (one day), like maybe a model 2 case or a hardware add-on? I feel like giving you guys more money for something B) .

White Flame said:
jdh2550 said:
Just the screen, an on/off button and a slew of expansion ports. No camera, no speakers, not a single thing that can be easily added as a peripheral.

What, you like walking around with a whole bag full of little bits & bobs, cables, batteries, and chargers? No tactile feedback on the device itself? No thanks!

Nope - but the less they build into the device the more I can customize it so that it does exactly what I want. Likewise you can customize it so it does exactly what you want which will be different.

How about peripherals that can be securely attached - would that make you happier?

jdh2550 said:
Nope - but the less they build into the device the more I can customize it so that it does exactly what I want. Likewise you can customize it so it does exactly what you want which will be different.

Sounds almost like a Beagleboard with a proper case.

WizardStan said:
jdh2550 said:

Sounds almost like a Beagleboard with a proper case.

Beagleboard doesn't have integrated screen and battery management. I'd like those in my "minimal design"...

Maybe they can make a pandora inside a care bear with his tummy as a touchscreen :)

care_bear.jpg

Back