Witcher 3 ?

Witcher 1 works with playonlinx (installs the right wine version you need).
Yes, it did, right up until the graphics went nuts like I described. It's a problem that a number of people have said they've had and no one knows why or how to fix it because there is no consistency with who it happens to (unless it's been fixed in the last 6 months and I just haven't cared enough to investigate)

Played an hour or so of witcher 2, been meaning to play it so i can play witcher 3.

It recommends to install the game on the xbox hardrive yet nowhere does it say how.

The game manual, disc or xbox menus/settings give no clues either.

Baffling. I shall google the answer. Texture pop up claims to be lessened playing from hardrive.

Well some sick people find Destiny worth playing.

I will have to force myself to get through Witcher 2, because 3 is looking very good.

Is Witcher 2 open world at all?

After 3 hours of play I felt I was being shoved down a direct path, and I was getting tired of the 'scripted into story sequence'... I wanted to break out and start doing my own thing ala Fallout 3.

I will have to force myself to get through Witcher 2, because 3 is looking very good.

Is Witcher 2 open world at all?

After 3 hours of play I felt I was being shoved down a direct path, and I was getting tired of the 'scripted into story sequence'... I wanted to break out and start doing my own thing ala Fallout 3.
I've heard fairly often that the first two games suck because they are so linear, they have gotten enough love to justify continuing the franchise up to the current point though, so I'll definitely try them and I don't have a big problem with linearity although it's annoying sometimes in RPGs when some voice from the off tells me I'm not allowed to go somewhere, I like the "Gothic"-method where there's usually a reason why areas are blocked and you can go nearly everywhere but have to expect to be killed with an early character or you have to run very fast.

@everybody who played the first two: How linear compared to "The Legend of Zelda"?

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/9vh5mxm5Jy8?feature=oembed

Mostly advert for gog Galaxy, but there are some interesting numbers. Especially interesting for me was, what the server farm has to endure (at least in the first few weeks). Also interesting, with the previously announced number of 4 million sold units, gog sold about a quarter of that. I am wondering though how the remaining three million are shared between Steam and consoles.

Also: Is this game an example that its possible to publish an AAA title (almost) without DRM involved and still push some numbers ?

Back