Wiz Development Board

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

I have just received my Wiz development board and test unit.
I don't want to just plug it in and break it before I've had a chance to do anything!
How do I use it?

Also, how do I run the Wiz on AC? I assume some sort of mobile phone charger will work?
EDIT: Found post from WarmFluffyUK - Samsung E810 charger

pea said:
Hi all,

I have just received my Wiz development board and test unit.
I don't want to just plug it in and break it before I've had a chance to do anything!
How do I use it?

Also, how do I run the Wiz on AC? I assume some sort of mobile phone charger will work?
EDIT: Found post from WarmFluffyUK - Samsung E810 charger
In my package i received a USB cable to give power supply to the connection board.
Also i received a cable to connect the Wiz to the connection board.
Then you can power on the Wiz keeping down the toggle on the left part of the console.
In the console menu if you do a short press down in such toggle, the console is powered off but the blue light is on, then the battery is recharging...).

Sorry for a bad and fast english.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are only two which are any use to you. One turns the Wiz on and off, another puts it into a mode such that it can boot over serial.

Wow, I must be really thick! I can't even seem to turn my Wiz on!

I've plugged the board in to USB power, and the red LED glows.

If I hold down the power toggle for a few seconds on the Wiz, the speaker crackles once, the blue light comes on but nothing else happens.

If I tap the power toggle the blue light turns off.

If I tap the power toggle again, I get a crackle from the speaker, and the blue light comes on again but nothing else.

All the dip switches on the board are in position 1 (the middle) where they were when I received the board (bootmode=NAND, shadow=enable)
EDIT: I don't have an SD card, and the USB is plugged in to my laptop (could be a power issue?)

Any ideas?

pea said:
Hmm. Looks like I can charge from the dev board, but if I want to run the Wiz I need to unplug it from the board. Is this normal?
No, sometimes the flash menu ends without any reason. But if you power On the Wiz plugged to the board it should run. Then you can access by serial terminal and kill the menu with CTRL+C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can sound unappropriate, but could you send a photo of it ? I think it's very interesting, since the Wiz has a open SDK (apparently, I still don't understand where to download it) I never thougt a devboard would be necessary.

Back